Where to buy my battery?

Farther

Building my first ebike and the place I was going to buy the battery from is out and they have no clue when they will be available.

Looking for a non Chinese 48v battery in the dolphin case.

Luna is out of stock, with no clue on ETA, which I find odd. That is the one I wanted.

Didn't think finding one would be a challenge.

Depending on your budget, you might want to consider a custom-built battery. Plenty of companies make custom-made ebike batteries; you can send them your bike schematics and requirements and they will give you options regarding batteries, BMS, charger and other things.

I just went through the same thing... I needed 2 batteries.
As far as bang for the buck, EM3ev was the best deal.
The other bike has a 15" frame and is a very tight fit, The battery I bought from EM3ev would not fit... Luna was sold out, That left BafangUSA as my final source... it was perfect.

If shopping for quality, I would choose luna or EM3ev... I don't know about Bafang but luna and EMSev seem to take pride in their products.

Bafang but luna and EMSev seem to take pride in their products.
Luna does not build the bulk of their batteries. A long oversold bit of sales blather. EM3ev, on the other hand, is a battery pack builder. With advanced features in ALL their batteries. None are sourced from other Chinese budget sellers. I have had conversations with Susie C's fellow sales rep. Quite a nice fellow, and there are happy buyers. BUT juggling warranties is a complete PIA. I'd really like to hear from someone that has had an issue and discover how well it was handled. FULL DISCLOSURE I do support for a company that sells EM3ev batteries and have used them for my rides since 2014. I have 4 or 5 Luna batteries. They've improved service and support but can still be a return repair replacement nightmare.

Back