• 1000-5000

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 5000-10000

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Ken click here

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Daniel@OHMCycles

Hey folks! I know there are several of you lurking out there, and as we sip eggnog and wish for warmer weather, I think it would be a great chance to get to know each other a little better.

Where are you from, what are you riding, how long have you had it? Favourite trail?

I'm from Vancouver, and I can usually be found on a 2017 prototype bike (sport frames tend to be what we have here at the moment). Favourite trail is anything that gets me remotely close to the woods... or the doughnut shop.

Here is a shot from this summer where I was stress-testing new frame components on Mt Cypress. I had to fight off the paparazzi to get a clear shot of the bike...

IMG_0258.jpg

I'm Cris from Jennings Lodge (near Portland, OR.) I have a 2016 Urban XU700. The winter weather has had me riding less, but I'm hoping for a cold but clear lunch ride today!

I absolutely love my bike- I have a 24-mile round-trip commute to work, which is a breeze.

That's looking pretty clean, Daniel! I've only had my '16 XU700 since early November. The unfortunately dark and blurry pic was taken after an evening ride from Richmond, BC to Blaine, WA via Burns Bog, Watershed park and King George Highway. I managed 56k with one bar left on the battery (it was on the charger when I took the photo). I wasn't exactly being light on the assist and most of the time I was into a 20k headwind. Throttle comes in handy when trying to get through 6" mud holes (Bog during rainy season, who knew??). Would have been impassable otherwise (or at least a carry through the tall grass). When the weather gets nicer again, the route will include Semiahmoo Trail. I don't often go that way on the regular bike unless I don't need my knees for a few days, so it will be nice to do it more often. I don't have a fave yet, as I'm still exploring anything on the way south.

I kept up the 5k commute to work until Christmas, so battled a bit of ice and snow. Feet were working as outriggers and throttle through the worst bits. Only time the bike ever felt heavy was the one time I took a dive while walking the bike over a particularly icy section of road. Instict took over and I protected the bike by breaking it's fall :) At least that let me hop back on and ride home.

Work is sending me to The Netherlands for half of 2017 so now I just have to figure out what it takes to send the battery over. Would be pretty great to take this on a tour of one of the most bike-friendly countries in the world.

IMG-20161110-WA0001.jpg

Hello Daniel
I am Robert. I just bought a 2016 Sport from you'all and it has been great. I am recovering from a bad knee and some other, etc.
I really like the performance of the bike. I appreciate the spec of the bike, and the overall high functionality of the bike.
I especially appreciate the performance of the Sport from a strictly bicycle standpoint, as it is composed in speedy downhill turns, very precise, maneuverable, and effortless under all conditions. Many ebikes that I have ridden were not particularly good bicycles, at least in my view, but the OHM ebikes do not fall into that category. Good work.

Hey folks! I know there are several of you lurking out there, and as we sip eggnog and wish for warmer weather, I think it would be a great chance to get to know each other a little better.
Where are you from, what are you riding, how long have you had it? Favourite trail?

Hey folks, sounds like things are clicking along swimmingly! @Robert Youngken I'm really happy to hear you're getting good use out of the bike. We work really hard to make the bike feel as bike-like as possible. @CrisW , you still riding through the bad weather? @Kevin Deane-Freeman it really sounds like you're taking that thing on adventures galore.

I rode to work without a jacket for the first time yesterday, so that is pretty awesome. Looking forward to the great weather to come! This should be a nice hot and dry summer in the Pac NW.

I love my Ohm Urban XU 700 16! I have put over 2200 miles on it. Great commuting bike! It has a lot of power and I really like having both pedal assist and throttle. My wishlist for the next version: Throttle cuts off hard at 20 mph. Wish it was smoother. I would like to have a more powerful headlight like the Supernova Pure series. Would be great if there was a full suspension model available as well. I recently found out that our local Velofix franchisee will be able to service BionX systems. That is great news!

Back