Wheel out of round

Just received my step thru ordered the end of August. Looks great. Fit and finish are A+. However the front wheel seems a little out of round. Can tightening the spokes fix that? Or is there another solution that works? Thanks in advance for any answers or comments.

Just received my step thru ordered the end of August. Looks great. Fit and finish are A+. However the front wheel seems a little out of round. Can tightening the spokes fix that? Or is there another solution that works? Thanks in advance for any answers or comments.
If you have experience truing wheels you can try to true the rim. Everyone starts somewhere so you can buy the tools and learn how to true. I would not just go about tightening or loosening spokes without some knowledge of what you are doing. It could result in broken spokes, serious damage and the rider could get hurt.

One issue that's very common is tires being poorly seated. This can cause the problems you describe. Almost anyone can troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

As J.R. mentioned, make sure it's the wheel and not the tire. If it's the wheel I'd recommend taking it to a bike shop to get it straightened.

Yep, happened to me when I was replacing inner tubes before....I didnt seat them too well into the tire and when I pumped it up it seemed like the whole wheel was out of balance or had a kink in it. Re-seating my inner tubes did wonders and fixed it.

I want to thank you guys for replying. I knew there had to be a way that was easier than replacing the wheel. It's very rideable and I don't think my wife would even notice, so I knew there had to be a solution. Thanks to all who read and responded to the question.

If it’s out of true I would go take it to a bike shop that unless your experienced with trueing wheels.It can be a nightmare and mess things up real bad.
That being said I did just buy some spoke wrenches.I have put over 100 miles on my xp and my wheels seem to be true when I spin them.So I went through each spoke and made sure they were snug.some were and some weren’t.When finished snugging them down I gave them a spin to see if the wheels were still true and nothing changed. Still true.

Back