Wheel lock seems frozen

RMNanny2957

Region
USA
Hi, I have a Gazelle ebike and we bought them in FL because they are not very available in Michigan. We put them on the bike rack and when we got home, the wheel lock on my bike would not even accept the key to turn it to unlock the wheel. I worked hard and finally got the key to go in about 3/4 of the way, but now no further and I cannot ride it until I get it unlocked?? Anybody??

How about removing the key and shoot some graphite powder in the keyway? Just lube the tumblers by moving the key in and out. Whatever you do, don't force things and break the key. You can buy graphite at any hardware store like HD or Lowes where they keep door locks and hardware. Likely Walmart too.
Maybe even try WD-40, but ultimately you want graphite in there. IMO, WD-40 is if that's all you've got.
Should be easy. CN

I have done the WD40 and it didn’t work but I can try the graphite powder. I’ll get it at the hardware store and try it.

Are you sure you are using the right key,no disrespect intended but many keys look similar. Second using a flash light look in the key way is something stuck in it preventing the key from entering/turning? Try moving what ever the lock engages it may be stuck preventing the key from turning. If these options fail have a local locksmith check it out. Hope this helps.

Are you talking about the AXA café wheel lock?
Can you still remove the key when it is locked? It is the only time the key can be removed, is it twisted?
My lock came with a liquid lubricant on the locking mechanism the tumbler appears to have no lubrication, materials will not rust. As mentioned only use graphite on the tumbler and even then, most likely not needed.
Can you move the locking lever as you rotate the key, my key only rotates about 1/8 of a turn, maximum, at which time the locking mechanism springs open and the lever moves to the up position?

is it a abus lock? sometimes its hard to get the key in all the way. I found all abus locks I have had I needed to sue a liquid lube on them to get them smooth. asl if its that lock you can turn it without havingthe key in al lthe way so yo uneed to get the outside of the lock rotated till you can push the key in all the way.

Back