What's the latest on Brose quality and local serviceability?

Rexlion

Region
USA
City
Tulsa metro
After reading through the Brose "known issues" thread, it seems as though most of the 'problem' posts are fairly old. I don't see many issues reported in 2021 or 2022. Does anyone know if Brose improved their design and reduced motor failure rates? (I imagine the failure rates were probably not too high to begin with; people with problems tend to report them, and people with no problems have nothing to report.)

The other thing I noted was the comments about how hard it was to get Brose motors serviced locally; they had to be shipped off somewhere, which puts bikes out of commission longer. I can see the advantage of a motor that can be diagnosed by a local shop. Has this situation improved lately? If they still can't be serviced in most large-ish cities, where within the US can they be sent (which facilities repair this brand)?

After reading through the Brose "known issues" thread, it seems as though most of the 'problem' posts are fairly old. I don't see many issues reported in 2021 or 2022. Does anyone know if Brose improved their design and reduced motor failure rates? (I imagine the failure rates were probably not too high to begin with; people with problems tend to report them, and people with no problems have nothing to report.)

The other thing I noted was the comments about how hard it was to get Brose motors serviced locally; they had to be shipped off somewhere, which puts bikes out of commission longer. I can see the advantage of a motor that can be diagnosed by a local shop. Has this situation improved lately? If they still can't be serviced in most large-ish cities, where within the US can they be sent (which facilities repair this brand)?
You can get your Brose motor serviced at ; ebikemotorrepair.com
They are located in Colorado and use Performance Line Bearings. I had my motor overhauled by them at 8500 miles. They replaced the belt and all the bearings. Runs better than new! I currently have 5500 miles on my overhauled motor. They respond very quickly and the turnaround is just a matter of days. I highly recommend them.

You can get your Brose motor serviced at ; ebikemotorrepair.com
They are located in Colorado and use Performance Line Bearings. I had my motor overhauled by them at 8500 miles. They replaced the belt and all the bearings. Runs better than new! I currently have 5500 miles on my overhauled motor. They respond very quickly and the turnaround is just a matter of days. I highly recommend them.
My Brose motor failed mechanically at around 2K miles. Sent it to ebikemotorrepair. They did a great job, with a very quick turnaround. I had them install their upgraded parts. I have about 1K miles since the rebuild. The motor runs better than new. That said, I was pretty bummed the motor failed so soon.

Back