What will it take to convert a 2.0 to accommodate 4” tires? Post links if you got them!

So I found some road tires at REI.They are 20x 4.5. You were right, the narrower rim made for a more narrow footprint. It fit just fine in the back but jus barely rubbed the fork in the front. I took a dremel to the inside of the fork to give me another millimeter of clearance. I like the look and will probably try the wider fork next.
M Robertson is right Bujee1. Them are on backwards.

Maybe we should swap forks and rims. :) I want the opposite direction. I have 20x4, and when those tires are shot, one way or another, I'm converting to 20x3 street.

Maybe we should swap forks and rims. :) I want the opposite direction. I have 20x4, and when those tires are shot, one way or another, I'm converting to 20x3 street.
If you're going from 4" to 3" the stock rims and all will work. I put the Kenda Kraze 3x20 with street tread on my stock XP. Much nicer ride on asphalt, concrete and still does gravel well. Not so good on dry beach sand but ok on damp.

If you're going from 4" to 3" the stock rims and all will work. I put the Kenda Kraze 3x20 with street tread on my stock XP. Much nicer ride on asphalt, concrete and still does gravel well. Not so good on dry beach sand but ok on damp.

Excellent. Thanks. Yeah, I think I will enjoy a 20x3 street tire much more than a 20x4 knobby.

Excellent. Thanks. Yeah, I think I will enjoy a 20x3 street tire much more than a 20x4 knobby.
Check out the 20" tires on RAD Ebikes site. They have a couple street tread in stock that'll work. They are big enough to get tires Ebike rated that are not available elsewhere. I'm thinking they are 3.25" to 3.5" but with street tread.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1634.jpeg
    IMG_1634.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 99
Back