What to expect with a direct sales bike?

This describes many an LBS; run buy an "enthusiast," A.K.A. bike snob.
So now we are going to start bashing many a LBS, as many of them are snobs? Cheez, give me a break. I call them small businessmen who decide what market they want to serve. Or is the group denigrating them because they don't want to embrace our enthusiasm for a particular design of bicycle? Put yourself in their place with the difficulties of running a small business, or open your own eBike shop if you think the world is beating a path to the door.

I bought from the LBS, but got the direct sales experience and level of service. Very poor support from both the shop and Haibike. The LBS is totally incompetent, and I don’t want them touching my bike any more. But the problem is that parts keep on breaking under warranty and so I need to keep on dealing with these clowns. Every time they touch the bike, they break something... I’m totally fed up. Next time I’ll order on Internet if I can. It’s cheaper and more efficient. And it will be MUCH less work for me. About 80% of the issues I’ve had were caused by the LBS. I have to fix everything they do wrong and I also have to pay for the parts they break. Horrible experience. As for Haibike, they’re no better. It took 6 weeks to replace a broken freewheel. They couldn’t find the part in their inventory, so they supposedly gave me a new wheel, but the axle/hub is damaged and now I have to wait another 6 weeks to get another wheel. Totally ridiculous.

Wow JayVee-that is totally ridiculous. I do not remember anyone having so many issues like you have with parts and incompetent mechanics breaking your bike when attempting to fix it all at the same time. Sounds like you are better off finding another LBS and bite the bullet to get your bike fixed by a competent crew of certified bike mechanics. It may not be worth all of the headaches and aggravation you have endured thus far with bad service. It is just killing the whole E-bike experience IMHO! Not good timing at all at the start of biking season either. Hang in there and hope you find a better alternative to this issue.

Back