what sinewave controller can i use to replace the controller i have with the correct connections

darren_29

Region
Europe
hi all,

i have a controller at present which i will try to upload image for, but i need to upgrade my controller as i have been informed to work with my new P850c display, because my current controller is too old and only suitable for the display i have at present in order to use my new display the a new sinewave controller is needed. i will apologies for the photo that i will send of my controller , but maybe you will see from the connections from the controller that lead off to my display, brakes and motor, not to forget the battery connections, and hope that someone may be able to assist in one that can be placed where my current controller is without having to upgrade my battery holder. i will await any help possible.. thank you.

just to add, ive added everything from the image of my current controller to my battery . maybe this will shed some light in the exact controller needed... many thanks

Attachments

• 20220528_192528.jpg
    20220528_192528.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 20220528_193001.jpg
    20220528_193001.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 186
  • 20220528_194041.jpg
    20220528_194041.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 20220528_194046.jpg
    20220528_194046.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 20220528_194056.jpg
    20220528_194056.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 190
  • 20220528_194104.jpg
    20220528_194104.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 20220528_194108.jpg
    20220528_194108.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 188
Not going to say there isn't a controller as you describe, but I think the chances of finding one are extremely unlikely. For starters, when shopping for a display, one would select from displays with known controller compatibility. Assuming you can find a matching controller that's compatible with your favorite display is likely not going to work out well - especially one with matching wiring connectors.

This would be similar to replacing a Ford dash in your car/truck, with one from a Renault, AND insisting the wiring connectors will all work. Not going to happen....

USUALLY, displays and controllers are purchased as a package, then wiring is adapted as necessary to install on the bike.

Is this the display?. This is a bafang display used on Bafang middrives amd also on bafang hub motor controllers . You should have put up pics of the old display and mentioned what it was.

0850C.jpg

If it's not compatible with your old controller, I guess you have to buy a new bafang controller. While I've had like a half dozen controller makes, I never had a Bafang unit. I know very little about them. Good luck.

The throttle, brakes, motor, PAS sensor connectors might be different from what you have now. You have to really like a display to swap all of that over.

hi, thanks for the reply. yes that is the display i purchased. my appologies for not posting the old that i have a present on my bike but i will post an image of the one exact what i have now. ofcourse i understand that if i can find a suitable controller that i would have to swap all the wiring over which i'm happy to do as soon as i know i can get the good controller that will work. anyway i will post up a photo of the display i have now. just so you know, i've also posted two more photos. one of being my hub motor and the other of the controller i have a present in my e-bike. will await for any reply. thanks

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 172
  • FMG311 (1).jpg
    FMG311 (1).jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 187
  • C965-Display.jpg
    C965-Display.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 175
The C965 is also a Bafang display. I have one for my BBS02 mid drive. Are you sure the new display don't work with your controller.

Your motor picture shows the standard bafang 9 pin connector, but that's not what is coming out of your "controller" picture.

Is there a motor cable that looks like this?

Attachments

• eextension.jpg
    eextension.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 163
hi,
i have tried connectin g my p850c display to my bike and i hit the power switch on my battery to on, when i press the power button for my display nothing happens , no power whatsoever. i have taken a photo to the best i can of my controller in my bike, and as from seeing from the image you sent with the three wires in the colours of green, yellow and blue , if you take a look that the photo of my controller you will see or should see those wires. i will wait for a reply thanks

Attachments

• 20220528_192528.jpg
    20220528_192528.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 157
and on my front forks is a 9 pin connection which connects my motor so the answer to the image you sent would be yes i assume otherwise my motor would not be connected but for the white connection block which i think in the image of my controller is buried under all the other connections

The P850C has a round green connector. Five pins. Same as the C965. The C965 lights up when you plug it back in? These displays only need power/ground to light up.

yes that's correct but on the c965 the green connector its a mile connection with pins, the p850c on the other hand is of course green round connector but female no pins but what i have got is an display cable extender which on both ends is round green plug both male 5 pins, if that is all it needs to get power/ground to light up what do i need to do in order to get the p850c to light up as if i plug my normal c965 and press the power button it lights up.

is there something i can to find where these two cables power and ground and do something that could possibly be my lucky day in getting to light up"p850c display "that is?

Maybe a gender difference when looking at the mid drive displays vs. a more generic hub drive controller? I don't know! I have absolutely no experience with a Bafang display used on a hub drive.

i understand, but if you take the connection from a c965 display... round green 5pin and look at the connection p850c display the connections are both round green 5 pin thats what i find so weird is they both have the same connection but one accepts power and the other doesnt

unless the wiring combination in the c965 is a different layout to the p850c for example....... red is live on the c965 display...... on the p850c the blue could be the live and that only guessing as an example could be the bad apple as to why no power

unless the wiring combination in the c965 is a different layout to the p850c for example....... red is live on the c965 display...... on the p850c the blue could be the live and that only guessing as an example could be the bad apple as to why no power
Maybe tracking down the pin out for each connector might lead to something interesting?

indeed that is a possibility but also a risk to damaging the controller , i've not been able find via a search the wiring diagram for both displays in the the plug order to see how on both c965 and p850 wiring in the green plugs layout

Bafang garness- display.jpg

Looking at the harness side for my C965 to bbs02 cable. Male pins. You may want to check for battery voltage from pin 1 to 8.

Is there a diagram in the box for the P850C? MAybe it's dead. All it needs to be tested is 48V across pin 1 and 8,

only thing is my battery is a weird one as the connection between battery and controller is like this... i will add photos . how can i find the battery voltage as you see from the photos my battery is a slim battery that slides in a carrier under my baggage rack

Attachments

• 20220528_193001.jpg
    20220528_193001.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220528_194056.jpg
    20220528_194056.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 137
hi again,
im not sure is this would be the same identification as it would be on the green round connector for the p850c display, but if i'm correct this shows as it should then on these image i will post is the wiring diagram for the p850c display. hope this can give an idea on how to use this information to possible get some action and just maybe get the display to work with my current controller

Attachments

• p850c display wiring harness.jpg
    p850c display wiring harness.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 161
good morning,

after a long thinking process and looking on how my old c965 display wiring diagram and colours layout to the corresponding pins in the 5 pin connection. and looking at the same schematics of my new display the p850c i realized that the colours of the wiring differ between both displays.

old display wiring colours are: red,blue,green,yellow and black = c965 display

new display wiring colours are: brown,orange,green,yellow,black = p850c display
what can i do, or is it at all possible to re-configure the the wiring to coincide with the original feed from the display cable coming from the controller that connects to my display arranging the p850c coloured wires on conjunction with the wiring loom of the c965 coloured wires in order to obtain power to the display and that is the only real issue i am getting is now physical power to the display once connected.

i will wait with any info that could hopefully resolve this and i can then fit my new p850c display to my e-bike and continue to make many more thousands of kilometres..

The C965 is also a Bafang display. I have one for my BBS02 mid drive. Are you sure the new display don't work with your controller.

Your motor picture shows the standard bafang 9 pin connector, but that's not what is coming out of your "controller" picture.

Is there a motor cable that looks like this?
hi there, yes i have that cable.. it comes directly from my controller to my motor as my motor connects via the 9 pins which is located on my front forks

Back