What shoes do you wear...

For the commute I mostly wear New Balance 530 Reflectives (greenish/grey) with a reflective lace keeper I found on Amazon called Jogo Grip.
m530rp_nb_34_i

81qffxPFGaL._SL1000_.jpg

I jumped in for a pair of Five Ten MTB Maltese Falcon Carbon/Reds. Let's hope they're not too stiff to walk in. Don't think so. I was hesitating between those and the Five Ten Spitfires.

View attachment 16826
I got the Freerider Elements from FiveTen. They are a little stiff to walk in but very nice as bike shoes. Had to add a layer of insoles because I wanted to feel some "give" when I pedal; for a little less strain on the old knees.

For my e road bike I find that just about anything that I have on my feet will work with a good platform pedal like these made by Crank Bros.

This is the combo I use the routinely for my 30+ mile battery drainers here this time of year. The clogs are kind of funky and no longer made but have arch support and a stiff enough sole to be able to handle power transfer to the pedal well enough for my needs and are comfortable on and off the bike. I have actually used these to hike some pretty gnarly terrain also over the years.
unnamed-1.jpg

Last winter I used some water resistant Converse All Stars and my Xtra Tuffs depending on how wet it was
unnamed-3.jpg

I really don't feel the need to ever go to clipless on my e bike but will continue to use them for MTB.

I just added some New Balance 574 Reflectives to my commuter clothing line-up (was already using the 534 Reflectives).
upload_2017-6-10_9-25-46.jpeg

For daylight hot weather riding I prefer some Chaco river shoes (not reflective):
upload_2017-6-10_9-25-11.jpeg

Me too. I treat my ebike like a bicycle, not a motorcycle.
I use Time ATAC, which I also use on my mountain bike.

Even on an ebike, I ride SPD shoes and combo pedals. I prefer being clipped in when riding at my normal cadence of 85-90 with spurts up to 100.

I just wear regular Nike running shoes when trail or work commute riding when it is warm. I switch to Hi-tec Lite hiking boots if it gets really cold in winter during my rides. I did change out my pedals to BC wide platform MTB pedals to fit my size 14 shoes better on my Radrover.

My "shoes" are Redwing 608 work boots. They are a particularly nice fit with pedal half-clips, and they look spectacular with blue jeans. This pair has seen many hundreds of miles on several different eBikes.

my_boots.jpg

Last edited:
During my reading on Court's reviews, there was a comment below one of his articles where he mentioned a particular shoe. Looking back and searching for it, I can't find that elusive comment. Anyone with killer skillz could find that shoe comment written by Court? It's not the shoe article that he wrote up but a comment below a guide article.

Back