What shoes do you ride with?

Salomon Speed Cross 4 Trail/Running shoe on OneUp pinned composite pedals. The Salomons are comfortable and quite light in weight, which makes spinning the pedals on those long rides alot less fatiguing. And they dry out rather quickly after getting caught up in a rain storm.

For winter riding near freezing, I'll break out my Under Armour Fat Tire GTX boots, which have a gore tex upper to keep the water out and a Michelin Wild Gripper sole for traction in snow/slush/icy conditions. I see that particular boot is no longer in the UA catalog; even when it was, it was a pricey boot as like most anything else carrying that Gore Tex tag.

No cleats needed for the pinned OneUp pedals.

I have actually been using $28 water shoes from Amazon-- I am a total weight weenie because my bike is underpowered and the hills are so steep.

They were fine until I started riding on steep dirt-- if I have to jump off on a hill, they don't have a lot of traction and my feet can actually slip out of them-- it's never happened, but I've come pretty close.

I did find some water shoes that have heavier treads on Amazon, they also fit more like real shoes and are less likely to come off. So far, so good-- definitely better, $35, don't know how well they will hold up over time, and obviously not a cold-weather solution. (I'm in So Cal.) These provide traction not only on the trail, but on the pedals so I can get power when my feet are pulling backwards.

SOBASO Water Shoes Women Men Quick Drying Swim Beach Aqua Shoes for Water Sport Diving Hiking Sailing Travel​

For short rides the Five Ten Trailcross LT are very comfortable and great for hot weather as they let my feet breathe. For longer rides or colder weather I like the Five Ten Pro although I needed to go up 1/2 a size with them.

I switched to the Stamp 7 Large pedals that provide a wider platform for my feet.

With the advent of winter, I changed my riding shoes to mountain hiking leather boots. Wide platform pedals with serious traction pins such as CrankBrothers Stamp Large certainly help.

MTB pedals for sure. Those nubbies really help grip the sole. I like my pickleball (tennis) shoes. The court shoe provides a stable platform comboed with a tread pattern designed for maximum surface sticky to the pedal. But mostly I wear flip-flops.

I am looking to buy a pair of decent cycling shoes for my e-bike journeys. I am looking to flat pedal shoes as I have been advised to stay away from cleats by a good mate who is a keen cyclist. Does anyone have any ideas please, I quite like the look of the SHIMANO SH-ET5 E-Bike Shoes but am worried about the sizing? Thanks
I am currently wearing a pair of Bontrager Flatline shoes, and like them a lot. I have wide feet, and these fit very comfortably.

I am looking to buy a pair of decent cycling shoes for my e-bike journeys. I am looking to flat pedal shoes as I have been advised to stay away from cleats by a good mate who is a keen cyclist. Does anyone have any ideas please, I quite like the look of the SHIMANO SH-ET5 E-Bike Shoes but am worried about the sizing? Thanks
Adidas FiveTen FreeRider Pro...

Back