What pedal assist Ebike should I get?

If you got the money, and have a shop to tune it up and take care of you, why not? You could be riding next week.

If you start looking at other class 1 mid drives, you'll find your choice compares well with the others, and more importantly is available, as many of the big names are back ordered. Unless you're an expert bike DIY guy, you'll find having a shop to back you is great.

If you got the money, and have a shop to tune it up and take care of you, why not? You could be riding next week.

If you start looking at other class 1 mid drives, you'll find your choice compares well with the others, and more importantly is available, as many of the big names are back ordered. Unless you're an expert bike DIY guy, you'll find having a shop to back you is great.
I just test rode the Gazelle Ultimate T10+ HMB and decided I need a level 3 Ebike. The level 1 did not offer enough assist to go up steep hills. Any opinions on the Gazelle brand? I found out level 3 is legal outside of NYC, which is where I will be riding.

Today nothing is junk . Have you considered a pinon geared belt driven E bike? My friend has one of the regular bikes with the same setup non Electric . It's way smoother then my Trek Dual Sport at right about the same cost. Priority I believe is the manufacturer . And it's American made https://www.prioritybicycles.com/products/current Not to mention you can actually get it as well as get service when needed . This is a company I have watched for the last 3 years . Very Impressed . Plus you can get intouch with them quite easily . And they are a manufacturer not just a distributor
Just to clarify - although they are an American company, the Current is not American made. It is also not Pinon geared.

I just test rode the Gazelle Ultimate T10+ HMB and decided I need a level 3 Ebike. The level 1 did not offer enough assist to go up steep hills. Any opinions on the Gazelle brand? I found out level 3 is legal outside of NYC, which is where I will be riding.

Classes don’t dictate the power or ability to climb hills. The Class system only dictates the speed in which the motor will stop assist and the presence of a throttle. The Class 1 bike you rode likely just didn’t have as much torque as the Class 3 bike you rode.

I am definitely looking for a class 1 Ebike
If class 1 is all you want, there´s no need to spend 3 or 4 thousand dollars. I´d devote some time
to going thru the EBR reviews, specifically specs. I don´t know how familiar you are with bike
mechanics. Novice or experienced at working with your own bikes? The reviews will lend insight
into what you´ll get for what you pay. If novice, it would be prudent to select an established co.
with a good support base. Any bike can have issues, you may find you´d be happier with class 2 or 3.
If you are quite fit, class 1 may be perfect?

Back