What not to see when trying to decide on a bike?

Mister Ug

Region
Canada
I had it narrowed down to 3, till I came back to work from lunch today. I saw a older couple struggling to carry a large box to Fedex (at a Staples). Half out of curiosity (cause it looked like a Rad box), half out of they were struggling with it, I asked them if they would like some help. So, I got a little chat in with them. They were returning the Rad City, just bought, back to Rad. It had a defective part, and Rad didn't have a replacement for it. The Couple had two Volts at home and highly recommended them. I've read that Rad is rated highly, but seeing this is leaving me a little underwhelmed with Rad.

Now down to 2, Envo D35 and Volt Bravo. :)

Envo- Pros: best price $2150 (tax in after rebate), Light 50 lbs, Love the colour, Local Dealer
Cons: Battery size and no real reviews online for it
Volt- Pros: Seems like great Company to buy online from, lots of videos and reviews, Bigger Battery
Cons. Higher Price $2528 (includes tax and shipping), 63 lbs, no local dealer, no test drive (although they do have some local brand ambassadours)

Attachments

• bravo.jpg
    bravo.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 173
  • D33.jpg
    D33.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 159
Envo- Pros: best price $2150 (tax in after rebate), Light 50 lbs, Love the colour, Local Dealer
Cons: Battery size and no real reviews online for it
Volt- Pros: Seems like great Company to buy online from, lots of videos and reviews, Bigger Battery
Cons. Higher Price $2528 (includes tax and shipping), 63 lbs, no local dealer, no test drive (although they do have some local brand ambassadours)
The Volt looks to have stronger wheels. Count the spokes. That alone is worth more than the price difference. It also has an internal controller. It is a more modern design. The Envo looks like bikes from 2017. So, it comes down to the issue of local support. Also look into the price of a second or replacement battery. And if that is proprietary or generic.

The Volt looks to have stronger wheels. Count the spokes. That alone is worth more than the price difference. It also has an internal controller. It is a more modern design. The Envo looks like bikes from 2017. So, it comes down to the issue of local support. Also look into the price of a second or replacement battery. And if that is proprietary or generic.
They have the same amount of spokes?

I'm not REAL sure I would condemn one of, if not the most popular bike manf's, because somebody had to return one.

Not going to count spokes, but I'll bet both have 36. That's what everything I've messed with has had (ebikes).

Back