What mirror would you recommend for me

skunkman

I have a Juiced Ripcurrent and the hand grips wont allow a mirror that sticks in the end of the handle bar. Any suggestions?

I've never understood the rationale for putting the flimsiest part on the furthest outside of your bike where it is most prone to breakage. If you don't believe me, how many times do you just lean your bike up against something and lock it rather than hunt around for a proper stand to lock it up. Doesn't take much to knock a mirror off. Some people do it for "fun". With a helmet mirror, you generally carry your helmet into a store with you. If the mirror gets readjusted it's easy to set it up again to see your left ear, which is the base position. A couple of tweaks and you're ready to ride.

I've never understood the rationale for putting the flimsiest part on the furthest outside of your bike where it is most prone to breakage. If you don't believe me, how many times do you just lean your bike up against something and lock it rather than hunt around for a proper stand to lock it up. Doesn't take much to knock a mirror off. Some people do it for "fun". With a helmet mirror, you generally carry your helmet into a store with you. If the mirror gets readjusted it's easy to set it up again to see your left ear, which is the base position. A couple of tweaks and you're ready to ride.
Never happened to me. I've had 4 bikes (2 ebikes) with Mirrycle mirrors and have never broken a one of them even when they've fallen right on them.

Miricyle works quite well. Busch & Muller 701 works better and is more durable due to its "breakaway" design. Its large surface guarantees a very quick, accurate glance allowing you to put your eyes back on the road ahead with the least distraction. I have the 701 on three bikes and a Miricycle on one with a drop handlebar. 20,000 miles over the past three years and no broken mirror.

I always found helmet mirrors irksome and not very effective. Unless your head is positioned just right, when you glance in the mirror you won't see where you need to see until you get the tilt, swing and level of your head just right. I guess it is something you have to train yourself on. For me, it is way easier to have the mirror positioned on your handlebar where all you have to do is take a quick, momentary glance at it and it is pointed right where it needs to
be.
1546889599743.png
20190324_160507.jpg

Attachments

• 20200413_133720.jpg
    20200413_133720.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 243
And just for those with throttles and/or large grips that take up a lot of handlebar real estate, this one has a very long arm so it works well to overcome any mounting limitations.

Back