What kind of range do you get on one charge?

Mark,

Based on your terminology, I assume you ride a bike with a Bafang mid-drive. The Specialized Turbo doesn't use charging bars or PAS levels like some others so your terminology is not completely applicable.
Doug

Do you have a real world mileage log from a one fully charged battery? That's what most people want to know here. How far did your battery go before it needs another recharge?

You are stating assumptions on your range and then you are making assumptions of me. I am on my 5th ebike, disposed 2 and keeping 3 of them. Different systems, cadence, torque sensing, throttle only, blah, blah... I already had an electric bike even before it became popular more than 10 years ago.

Last edited:
The bike Douglas rides is the same as mine and the battery tracks the trip distance since the last charge as well as your overall distance, no assumptions necessary.

For example today I left with 100% and now have 82% battery left and went 21 miles. I used ECO 30% for most of the ride generally traveling between 19 - 27 mph and used Turbo (full assist) occasionally for a few hills, fast roads and choke points.

In general I can get anywhere between 45 - 85 miles a charge in ECO30 depending on wind direction and air temperature. That is with 20% battery left, since I try to never go below that.

I am approaching 5k miles on mine over the last year and half and man has it been blast!

Cheers!

Last edited:
In general I can get anywhere between 45 - 85 miles a charge in ECO30 depending on wind direction and air temperature. That is with 20% battery left, since I try to never go below that.

So you went 85 actual miles (not estimate miles) before you recharged your battery at 20% charged left. Thanks for the hard numbers.

Do you have a real world mileage log from a one fully charged battery? That's what most people want to know here. How far did your battery go before it needs another recharge?

On 9/3/16 I went 53.2 miles at ECO40 ending with 12% of battery left. This is with my older 468 Wh battery. Average 15.6 mph with 2845 ft of ascent. All logged on Strava at https://www.strava.com/activities/699305192. I now have a 691 Wh battery so the range would be proportionally longer, on the order of 78+ miles under the same conditions.

BTW, I reported this ride on 9/3/16 at: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/longest-ride-yet-53-2-miles-base-2016-16-turbo.8165/

What I was trying to say to you is that after a year and a half, I have confidence in my ability to estimate range using the "% battery left" and ECO setting. The granularity and accuracy of data and power settings provided by Specialized on the Turbo supports that.

Last edited:
Back