What is the highest range estimate you've seen on your bike?

That's great range for such a comparatively small battery! As the doctor has ordered more exercise I've given the throttle a rest and have been amazed at how little power is drawn in PAS 1 and 2.
I ride mostly in pas2 to get that range, but if I go slowly,( pas1, 8 to 12 mph), i can get even more. I do
use the throttle for a second or two to bump up speed crossing intersections or going into a rise. Yesterday
was also the 1st I tried throttle only for 1/2 a mile just on a lark. The way you ride can greatly extend mileage.
I get far more from the 13ah than I ever did with the 21ah on my other now parts bike. It comes mostly from
using a lower gear with a higher cadence.

Crazy, silly Range numbers! Turbo: 90 miles, Eco: 260 miles. Come on, man!
This is double what I normally see.
Two 500 watt batteries.
Yesterday I started out with 197 miles in Eco, rode 42 miles in Sport and had 207 left in Eco.
Today I started with 90 miles in Turbo, rode 32 miles in Turbo and had 27 left in Turbo.
FYI: I am submitting these same pix to the Bosch forum to find out if they can share the formula used to calculate range.
Would be interesting to know how many miles ridden, and at what assist levels, are included in the formula.

Attachments

• IMG_5563.JPG
    IMG_5563.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5559.JPG
    IMG_5559.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 158
Crazy, silly Range numbers! Turbo: 90 miles, Eco: 260 miles. Come on, man!
This is double what I normally see.
Two 500 watt batteries.
Yesterday I started out with 197 miles in Eco, rode 42 miles in Sport and had 207 left in Eco.
Today I started with 90 miles in Turbo, rode 32 miles in Turbo and had 27 left in Turbo.
FYI: I am submitting these same pix to the Bosch forum to find out if they can share the formula used to calculate range.
Would be interesting to know how many miles ridden, and at what assist levels, are included in the formula.
I imagine a system like Bosch has a better formula for range calculation than say Bafang or some other company.

Since most of these bikes are practically parts bin specials, a company like Bosch that makes the battery and motor probably does a better job of making sure BMS is communicating accurately with the controller and display.

Take my bike for example I have 2 52V batteries with different ah capacities running a Bafang BBSHD whose controller firmware thinks I have a 48V system. So while my controller's minimum operating voltage is 42V my batteries BMS is set for something like 46V I think. So at what point does my bike think I can go further based on my voltage when my BMS says "think again" and shuts down the batteries.

I don't have that kind of a readout in my information but let's just say that I was going slightly downhill with no wind in the lowest setting and still pulling 90% of the power for that setting. My speed would be right around 19.8mph and the the battery happened to start at magical 100%. The range would read out about 900 miles. The longest range I suspect I could practically get on fairly flat terrain with little wind and speeds around 13mph, in the lowest assist level constantly, would be about 270 miles.
I am trying to figure out if it's possible to wring out 155 miles on dirt with a fully loaded bike and moderate climbing. The longest stretch on the Western Wildlands Route is 155 miles between plugs. I suspect I would need to be down around 10-11 mph to get down to the 11 watt hours per mile needed. I would have to watch the headwinds.
I went out this afternoon to run a test to see how much range I could practically get. I decided to shoot for and average speed between 12&13 mph on a 20 mile loop. Wind was around 10 mph and climbing is just about 1000'. The bike gross weight was right around the 290 lb mark. I figured if I could practically get the 270 miles range then I could probably wring 150 miles out of it at 10 mph average towing at 400 lb gross gravel/off road with some climbing. There are trips I would like to take where the distance between plugs is up to 155 miles with no wrong turns.

In todays test, I had a fairly high cadence and ranged in power from 0 to 680 watts pull from the batteries. I went 20.4 miles at an average speed of 12.6 mph. I used 139.4 watt hours of power for a mileage of 6.833 watt hours per mile.. I can count on 1,870 watt hours from a theoretical 2,538 watt hours of battery, That come out to 1,870/6.833=274 miles.

That range is just about what I guessed up above but was not sure. Without more conditioning, I would guess that I could only keep up the effort that I was putting in for perhaps 50 miles. Would I bet my life on 150 miles off road? Not without better conditioning and testing.

Back