What is the correct voltage for a 'fully charged' Lectric XP LG battery? Please & thank you.

contraktor

Region
USA
City
Tahlequah
I need to know, as I'm needing reference to check for dead cells after I put this thing on a voltmeter.

48V is 13 groups in series. Since a fully charged cell group is 4.2V, that means full charge is 54.6 volts.

The battery BMS will isolate the interior cells from the outside world if any cell group gets below its minimum, which is usually set around 2.8V. Also prevents recharge around the same value.

Are you going to open the battery up, and do a voltage check on all 13 groups? That's the best way to tell the battery status. Watch out for accidental shorts if you do it.

How accurate is your meter? What's the open voltage output on your charger per your meter?

This was using the XP displayed reading. Neighbor has a real meter. I'll have to get back to you after taking those readings tomorrow.

Even after a full charge on a lithium, you are still going to experience some decay. Especially because I am sure the supplied chargers are charging at a 1c rate at the nominal voltage. If you could crank the voltage charged at up a little bit higher you might see the full 54.6v.

Also every “cycle” is going to decrease the battery capacity somewhat. So in a vacuum, with consistent use each run, the first run will probably give the longest run time.

Perhaps this will be helpful

Attachments

• IMG_20201219_182514.jpg
    IMG_20201219_182514.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 657
I'll ask, why are you doing this? If there's no problems with the bike running, you have the bike's display saying you're close to full charge.

Like {tpc} says, it will often drop a little after the charge comes off.

Back