What is different about the Das-Kit geared hub motor?

Not sure what you ride, but mine is a moscow. It´s not a shredding mth. bike, but a solid, utilitarian
daily driver made with common generic parts instead of model specific parts that could take months
to replace. It´s cheap, but if taken care of it could last many years. I like the fact that even without
a battery it is still ride

Not sure what you ride, but mine is a moscow. It´s not a shredding mth. bike, but a solid, utilitarian
daily driver made with common generic parts instead of model specific parts that could take months
to replace. It´s cheap, but if taken care of it could last many years. I like the fact that even without
a battery it is still rideable.
I have the same bike like you,only the company name differs. There are many companies in the world that use the same frame on their bikes.

Attachments

• photo_2021-06-06_21-58-11.jpg
    photo_2021-06-06_21-58-11.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 206
I have the same bike like you,only the company name differs. There are many companies in the world that use the same frame on their bikes.

What's the bike brand?
NCM makes Magnum and Amego bikes. Other bikes do likely use the same frame but only bikes made by NCM seem to use the Das-Kit motor and controller, I'd be interested to learn other brands using Das-Kit parts.

Honestly ebike or regular bike you should try and get in the habit of keeping the front brake held regardless. That keeps you anchored on the road as most stop lights have a little bias forward or back and on our bikes it disengages the motor so it can't kick on and surprise you. Likewise for bikes with throttles, keeping a brake on disengages the throttle from getting bumped.
Ya if I happen to be sitting on the bike I have my hand brake on . But if I am standing beside or over the bike I don't unless I am on a bit of a hill. I still prefer to have the power on 0 just because I don't like how it power ups as soon as you start to peddle. It just speeds up to fast the wife does not like how fast her takes off too, so turning the power to 0 and then bumping it up once we are moving works better for us.

Bruce

Here I must contradict you, i have this bike that use the same das-kit, same controller, same display...etc http://www.vg-bikes.fr/productdetail/vg-by-voltagreen-crz-srace
Not a contradiction at all :) I was always sure NCM must sell to more than just Magnum and Amego. Thanks for sharing the info! I've always understood NCM owns Das-Kit, I thought on one of the parent websites it even stated that. Could be wrong, certainly NCM owns Leon Cycle, they are open about that. Voltgreen even has the 36v Prague equivalent too, they have the whole line maybe?

Reactions: ovt
Back