What do you expect from an E-bike?

Would you buy this E-bike if its cost around $1500

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muhathaz

Hey Everyone,
I am Muhathaz Gaffoor.We are currently creating a new E-bike that is affordable to everyone and which will give a better range.Our current prototype will give a range of around 40 miles(65Km) min range.Our bike will be of 7 speed and will have an extra big gear to help climb uphill.We will be using a thumb throttle and and thumb shifter to ur bike will have throttle mode,4 pedal assist mode,regenerative breaking,normal cycle mode,recharge mode that will help you to charge it while pedaling it.We will also have an Inbuilt GPS tracking system that will help you locate the bikes if its stolen.We will also have USB ports to charge your electronic devices

As E-bike users I want you to tell me what else do you want on your e-bike so that I can make a product that everyone will love.

Regards,
Muhathaz

what is the rating of the torque? nm?
40 mile min without pedaling?
does throttle to override pedal assist?
can you use the odometer in pedal assist 0?
what kind of comfort features will it have?

front suspension? rear suspension? or maybe bigger cushy tires to absorb road impact?

Last edited:
Regen breaking is a technology in waiting with current 10% efficiency. But if u can do it without additional complexity and cost.

Be sure to include shift sensor and break activated power cut off.

Our motor torque rating is 12Nm and Max torque is 24Nm
Yes 40 mile min in Throttle mode and the throttle will override the assist mode.We will be having an mobile app that let you control the bike.We will also have an mobile holder inorder to place your mobile.You can overide the pedal assist mode over there pedal assist mode over there too.

We wont be having suspension as it takes to much energy while pedaling instead we will be having seat post suspensions and Gel seats.We are currently planning to use normal tyres since ours is a city style E-bike.We still havnt decided about the tyres.We will look forward to your suggestion too.

Last edited:
Regen breaking is a technology in waiting with current 10% efficiency. But if u can do it without additional complexity and cost.

Be sure to include shift sensor and break activated power cut off.
Our current design include Shift sensors and Break inhibitors.We are still working to make our regen technology much more efficient.

Currently I have an ST2, I find any electronic apps pretty much a waste. I would put that money into better bike components , better battery, user replaceable cells in their batteries, best tires and tubes available. I would like a useable phone holder for gps use. Absolute stealth since this I am not supposed to be on some trails but don't like to ride with cars and laws prevent my modern wheel chair to be on those trails

I want you to tell me what else do you want on your e-bike

-48V - 15 Ah battery
- 25A/48V Programmable controller via USB
- Geared hub with same capabilities as MAC 500/1000W
- Quality rear rim and spokes with a well constructed wheel to minimize spoke breakage.
- Titanium frame

$1,750-2,000 price point

Court J.

We're arguably failing to advise within the price point of, "around $1,500."

At the current state-of-technology, it is hard to imagine any bike at $1,500 I would want even at first-purchase; so ROI would really have to go up at that price point for me to have interest. Having said that, I'm certain these chaps have done their market research and I wish virtually any e-bike company unimagined success.

My first e-bike, a 2014/15 Raleigh Detour had a $2,500 MSRP that I bought at close-out. The Raleigh is very nice, but pretty bare bones as far as basic options such as lights or seat post suspension and anything but stealthy. So it would be exciting to see a new company bring down the price point to get a bike that offers more.

My second ebike is on order, a 2016 Trek Pedelec XM 700+ @ $3,400, and even so, hardly my dream bike (Stromer ST2 dreaming) but the Trek is very very nice at that price point.

Last edited:
We're arguably failing to advise within the price point of, "around $1,500."

True....

The only way to stay under $2,000 and end up with a performance ebike is to DIY. Most name brand bikes are far beyond the $1,500 price point. It would be nice to see a lower cost reasonable quality performance bike around $2,000, but it probably is a stretch.

Court J.

What I want from a $1500 ebike?

I would say the cross current is just about perfect for under 1500 bucks. If you create a bike similar to the cross current with a larger battery, you will sell a ton.

Leave off the fenders, lights, racks, etc. That just added to the cost. Just add braze-ons so the user can add whatever they want aftermarket. I don't want or need a LCD, as I use a cycle computer or my phone. Just a simple accurate battery meter is all I need.

Words to live by KISS - "Keep it simple, stupid". Leave out the flash, and use that money for better components and a bigger battery. Don't waste money on neon colors, ugly logos and graphics. Flat basic colors like flat black or white is fine with me.

Also, I think any new bikes being designed should have integrated batteries in the downtube, anything less looks DIY.

Lee

@Muhathaz does your team have a name or brand yet? Something more concrete to look towards, please. Also, what brand and chemistry of battery is to be used in the battery and who will be manufacturing the BMS to go with it? The number of charge cycles is relevant to the value of an ebike and it's durability. Too few charge cycles means the battery has to be replaced or rebuilt sooner rather than later and the battery replacement cost is always an issue to consider when purchasing a new bike.

One benefit of regenerative braking is reduced brake pad wear.

Yes, those bike pads can get so expensive! Wait, I"ve never replaced a set of brake pads. How many have you replaced?
Regen is pretty worthless on a 200-300lb vehicle going 20mph or so. Just not enough mass or velocity. Most (all?) bike makers have stopped bothering.
My Stromer had it but I didn't use it. My Falco has it but you have to cycle the speed settings to - for regen each time you use it.
It works fairly well in my VW hybrid Touareg (at 5,000+lbs),not so well in a bike.

Back