What do people do about tire punctures?

Here is a link for the Handlebar Jacks:

Another vote for the handlebar jacks... perfect for repairs on the road or trail. ;)

1594760319335.png

Here is the response from Tannus Armour:

Hi Taylor,
We currently don't have an Armour for the 20x4". I can't recommend it, however, I know we have had customers buy the 26x4" Armour and cut it down to fit and if they use silicone to glue it back together it has worked for them. It does void the warranty, but many customers have had success with this.
Lisa

We have had customers buy the 26x4" Armour and cut it down to fit. If they use silicone to glue it back together it has worked for them.
Just thinking out loud: I wonder whether using a dozen or so spots of contact adhesive to tack the outside of a Tannus Armour to the inside of a tyre might simplify getting it to stay in place during the fitting stage battle.

Ours have Kenda K-Shield tires.
No flats in combined 5900 miles.
Have ridden on grass with the sand burrs, gravel and splintered wood bridges.
I have taken my rear wheel off several times due to bad motor and a bad freewheel. Put 2x4 blocks under handle bar grips, lay out washers in correct order so there is no confusion on installation. The tool that most riders will forget is wire cutters to remove the motor cable tyrap. And a new tyrap. If the inner brake pad needs adjusting this is the time to do it, with the wheel off, on many bikes.

Just got my first eBike, with the XP. As a long-time rider, I can't imagine going out on a long ride without the ability to handle a punctured tire. I will often be riding in remote areas without cellular service, so could get stranded with no way to get to a town, if the bike breaks down. I know that there is supposed to be a puncture-resistant barrier under these tires, but punctures can still happen. Are people carrying a spare tube, tire irons, pump, and a wrench to take off the wheels (wish they came with quick release skewers)? Also, I see that the power cable for the motor goes in through the rear nut and gear freewheel, so how to remove the rear wheel?
WOW, I just installed the Mr Tuffy (like) liners, took all of 10 minutes and 10 dollars ! Didn't even take the wheels off the bike.
Now only time will tell...

WOW, I just installed the Mr Tuffy (like) liners, took all of 10 minutes and 10 dollars! Didn't even take the wheels off the bike.
Now only time will tell...

Be careful to sand down any rough edges where you cut or overlap the tire liners to eliminate future tube punctures. Hope this helps.

Be careful to sand down any rough edges where you cut or overlap the tire liners to eliminate future tube punctures. Hope this helps.
Went to cut down and sand down the overlapped edge and the tire was FLAT ! Tried to find the leak on the bike no luck. So I had a "review" offlat changing the rear (hub motor) tube. A tiny insy piney little air bubble came up in the tub of water, I could hardly see the hole, in fact I lost it several times while patching.....Anyway I cut the liner, sanded it smooth and reinstalled it.
I was wondering if the liner caused the flat, but when I saw the location of the hole I knew I had caused a pinch flat while installing the tire yesterday.
So far so good, it's holding 55 lbs for 5 hours now lol.
I immediately ordered two replacement tubes online and prepped a tire repair kit.
I would not want to get caught in the wild unprepared.

So perhaps someone can help with my Tannus inner tube problem. I have a very small copper-colored nail embedded in the rear tire of my Allant. On discovery, the tire was mostly flat. After filling to 40 psi, it has held most of the air for over 24 hours. Anyway, I realized a faux pas on my part is that I didn't have any spare tubes on hand. I do have Schwalbe tubes for the tire size. But Tannus says you need to go a size down and they say 27.5 up to 1.95" tubes for a tire of 27.5 x 2.4". I can't find any tube like that for sale. All the 27.5 tubes I find (Schwalbe included) will run a range from 1.75 up to 2.5". Anyone have any idea where I can get a tube that ranges 27.5 to 1.95"? I've emailed Tannus to see if they will sell tubes alone (doesn't appear possible to order tubes alone on their website).

Back