What bikes use the Cobi System

TKonradRT

finally found a bike that I liked, Haibike Urban Plus, then I find out it has been discontinued. WTH? Anything out there similar?

The Urban Plus is a nice looking bike. There are still many available and at good prices:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I wouldn't be too concerned about it being discontinued. Sooner or later, it happens to all models. With a brand like Halibike, parts & service should still be available for the foreseeable future.

Regarding the question of whether or not the screen stays on (Android devices) during active COBI use then in my experience yes although rather to be safe than sorry, and considering I link the COBI app with Komoot for navigating pre-planned tours, I have installed the 'Keep Screen On' app which allows one to choose which apps should remain active i.e. screen on during use. The Komoot app alone dims the screen after a time set in the devices settings. There is a bug in my opinion in the software (my.cobi.bike/settings) where one can allow or disable the sharing of the COBI hub. The software appears to default to sharing and when set to disable this setting is not saved (no save button) which conceivably would allow others to use your hub should it be stolen. This bug/fault actually serves me quite well in that I initially used a new Samsung S8 with the hub although I now use my old Samsung S7 with the hub accepting both devices although of course it shouldn't as sharing was disabled in the my.cobi.bike/settings. Additionally I have been left with one big question mark in that the 'total distance travelled', which is not re-settable by the user and can be displayed in the original Bosch Intuvia computer, is replicated in the COBI app on the S7 i.e. I have 1540km showing in the Intuvia which is replicated on the COBI. I have been left wondering where, other than the original Bosch computer, this information is stored as the COBI hub is just that - a hub - so in the absence of the original Bosch computer from what source has the S7 obtained this information.

Regarding the question of whether or not the screen stays on (Android devices) during active COBI use then in my experience yes although rather to be safe than sorry, and considering I link the COBI app with Komoot for navigating pre-planned tours, I have installed the 'Keep Screen On' app which allows one to choose which apps should remain active i.e. screen on during use. The Komoot app alone dims the screen after a time set in the devices settings. There is a bug in my opinion in the software (my.cobi.bike/settings) where one can allow or disable the sharing of the COBI hub. The software appears to default to sharing and when set to disable this setting is not saved (no save button) which conceivably would allow others to use your hub should it be stolen. This bug/fault actually serves me quite well in that I initially used a new Samsung S8 with the hub although I now use my old Samsung S7 with the hub accepting both devices although of course it shouldn't as sharing was disabled in the my.cobi.bike/settings. Additionally I have been left with one big question mark in that the 'total distance travelled', which is not re-settable by the user and can be displayed in the original Bosch Intuvia computer, is replicated in the COBI app on the S7 i.e. I have 1540km showing in the Intuvia which is replicated on the COBI. I have been left wondering where, other than the original Bosch computer, this information is stored as the COBI hub is just that - a hub - so in the absence of the original Bosch computer from what source has the S7 obtained this information.
The oddometer total is stored in the bosch motor so whatever display you change to it will always show the same reading.

The Urban Plus is a nice looking bike. There are still many available and at good prices:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I wouldn't be too concerned about it being discontinued. Sooner or later, it happens to all models. With a brand like Halibike, parts & service should still be available for the foreseeable future.
BTW, that bike has been sold out for months on their site.

Back