What are YOUR reasons for owning an Additional Ebike ?

Did you pull the trigger on that Go 8 yet?
I just can't bring myself to bite on a bike with no throttle, at least not until I get a really nice discount. My patience I will eventually find the right deal. I'm seeing some desperate sales on Craigs List.

I just can't bring myself to bite on a bike with no throttle, at least not until I get a really nice discount. My patience I will eventually find the right deal. I'm seeing some desperate sales on Craigs List.
Yes here at the 49th parallel this is a good time of year to hunt for a bargain.

I'm a kit hobbyist. Putting together an ebike replaces my old hobby of modifying my Miata. Cheaper, and easier. Hub motors are not much money, and one can move batteries around.

A few more have been added since the last group portrait.

View attachment 41864
View attachment 41863

E-Bikes are an excellent choice for a hobby... you may want to try your hand a modifying your Miata to an EV! ;)

I have a Vado 4as my commuter. Great bike for high speed work. Also have two Pedago folding bikes for riding with my wife when we travel.

Feeling a little outdone by this group, as I have only TWO ebikes.
First purchased a 2018 Vado 6 class 3 speed pedelec, which loves to cruise along 17-22 mph (27-35 kph) and has fantastic torque.

However I’m in a couple cycling groups that have slower average speeds of 12-15 mph. Of course the Vado can be ridden at those slower speeds, it’s just not as much fun. Plus at around 55 lbs it’s a beast to load and haul anywhere.

So this Spring I purchased a Trek class 1. Less torque, less max speed and at 45 lbs way less weight! It’s agile, nimble and I would describe it as a “gentle” ebike. It’s great for those group rides. And I no longer feel I need to pass up the hot shots. 😊🚴🏼‍♀️

Not sure on a 3rd ebike. Maybe full suspension emtb? Maybe a cool folding bike? Gotta convince Hubby first! 😎😆

The XM700 is my road bike. It's set up for comfort. Suspension seat post and suspension front forks. I use it for occasional commuting and for long weekend rides on the bike paths. The Powerfly FS 5 is for exploring dirt roads and single track. For eMountain Bike rides I can ride from the house and be on dirt in a couple of miles, but because once on dirt I tend to go quite a bit slower I like to take my dog along with me. About a 20 minute drive from where I live there's a great area that has dirt roads where I can run my dog with a bikejoring setup or just let him run loose while I climb singletrack.

That’s a very lucky dog!
I’ll bet he/she is disappointed when you pull out the XM 700 and not the Powerfly.

One ebike and one acoustic for me. Good ebikes are too pricey for me to have a fleet

Betting if you were in a different area, possibly one with more/nicer trails and a longer riding season, your priorities may be a little different?

Sure, I'd like to have more ebikes. One strictly for road and one mtn bike and one hybrid type but this is an expensive hobby already (for me) and I have other expensive hobbies. Yes, if the climate here allowed for year round comfortable riding I'd probably be in deeper. I'm very happy with what I have though.

i love my first bike, its an amazing commuter bike but not really made for off road riding,so i added a Fat Bike
for when im feeling frisky and also just to have a back up for when one bike is down

1110191059a.jpg

1013191033b.jpg

I bought a Lovelec, a Czech rear-hub-motor hybrid e-bike last summer. I didn't know very much about e-bikes at that time. To my surprise, the bike I bought behaved like a dream. Natural ride feeling, good components. massive range, inexpensive spare battery, the style of bicycle I love and the price half or third of the big name brand mid-drive motor e-bikes. Why should I need another e-bike? Especially as the Diadem model is "restrictable on demand" so unrestricted it just flies.

I dreamed of a mid-drive motor e-bike, specifically based on a Brose motor as these are silent and powerful. What makes me irritated is the 25 km/h European pedal assistance speed limit. Why should anyone spend a couple of grands and get an e-bike that's potentially slower than an acoustic? So I found Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 and the dealer offered the price I could afford. Brose motor! 45 km/h PAS! Beautiful design and awesome geometry! There are some things I dislike such as poor range or the dreaded BLOKS display but the bike is beauty anyway.

Lovelec is my primary touring e-bike, and I zip around the neighbourhood on Vado. Two different bikes, two different functions. I need both.

Then I reviewed the market if there could be some third e-bike I might fancy. Nope. Nothing fitting my needs and in reasonable price range as well. Perhaps if I could start all over that would be an R&M Homage HS.

Last edited:
I own two, both mid-drive models. One is higher torque, decent range on a charge, set up with fenders and a pannier rack, and is meant to be ridden in all weather and laden with heavy bags when necessary. The other is lighter weight and is rack and fenders free for riding in nicer weather.

One bike to rule them all? I haven't found that yet (mid-drive, super high torque, super light weight, compatible with fenders and rack, large capacity battery and super efficient/long-range motor). I keep looking, though! :)

I suppose there are advantages to having at least two e-bikes at all times, for some of the reasons others have stated (one to ride while the other's in the shop being the most likely reason for me). So I guess I'm looking for one super bike (high torque, long range, light weight) that would be more costly, and a second bike that was older or otherwise more cost effective as a spare bike/crappy weather bike.

i love my first bike, its an amazing commuter bike but not really made for off road riding,so i added a Fat Bike
for when im feeling frisky and also just to have a back up for when one bike is down

View attachment 41911

View attachment 41910

Very nice eBikes... looks like you found the Satori Animaris suspension seat post to your liking. ;)

I have them on my bikes... great quality and value!

Back