Weighing online brands vs. in-store, a few brands for fast 12-mi commuter

at that kind of speed, did you feel like you needed a suspension front fork or suspension seat post?
Pace 500 comes with 27.5x2.2 tires. When inflated to 55 lbs they are amazingly comfortable soaking up the road vibrations. I’ve only had the 500 for three weeks and 650 miles but it’s been the most comfortable ebike I’ve ridden. I do not have hand numbness or other uncomfortable riding conditions on this ebike like other ebikes I’ve ownedwith their high performance 85 lb pressure tires and forward riding positions on unsuspended forks. The Pace 500 is a super comfortable riding full upright position ebike. And FAST!

OP here. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm debating between the BH Nitro City Pro and the Stromer ST2.

$1800 for the Evo, $3500 for the Stromer. Both are a great deal compared to typical pricing. It seems like I could go for the Stromer and if I don't like it, maybe still come out ahead reselling it. Given that my last bike was stolen, it's hard to overlook the anti theft features of the ST2 plus great performance. Seems like a legit high mileage commuter.

I saw PP's glowing endorsement of the Evo. The price is amazing.

Tough call. Opinions?
I have heard that Stromer has cut way back on support personnel, at least in North America...this from a friend with an electric bike shop. If he has problem with tech support and part availability, I don't care how great the bikes are. I have not heard much plus or minus regarding B&H on that front. One way the other, if I were you, i would be giving serious weight to getting a bike from a LBS with a good representation for service whose people you have met and like. This is worth a substantial premium in my opinion.

Back