weather forecast

Canadians always seem so nice, but don't let that fool you. (Sorry, @Court.) When they get tired of their frigid Arctic air masses, they just dump them over the border.

When we lived in Denver, we were on the receiving end of these cryoattacks several times a winter -- though none as severe as the one about to hit. I considered them acts of war. ;^}

Last edited:
Forecast now has temperatures up to 36 on Monday and Tuesday. I'll probably be wearing shorts outside.

Today would be one of those good days to consult the weather forecast. Around lunchtime, you'd have had a hard time seeing this coming. Now that the wind is blowing 30 MPH, we're getting hints.

1671660115037.png

Canadians always seem so nice, but don't let that fool you. (Sorry, @Court.) When they get tired of their frigid Arctic air masses, they just dump them over the border.
There’s only one solution to stop this illegal immigration of Canadian air…you must build a wall! :D

It was a cold ride this afternoon which played havoc with the electronics on my Garmin and camera. -31 C discounting the wind chill so I was only out for an hour. Returned home and shoveled the snow that fell last night.
We did set a new temperature record last night as the mercury plunged to -38C topping the 32 yr old record of-36.8C.

IMG_20221221_1328350.jpg

50 mph wind gusts fell this tree blocking the entire path. Lucky me the crew wasn't too far away working on another section of the new bike path. They cleaned it up rather fast, I was already late for work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221-150921_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221-150921_Chrome.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 20221221_081517.jpg
    20221221_081517.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20221221_080659.jpg
    20221221_080659.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 105
its 23 right now and windy. some reason I could not talk the wife into a tandem ride. supposed to be 17 in the morning. the roads dried out today so thats good. my electric gloves will have trouble keeping up to that cold.

@Jeremy McCreary - We’re really a friendly bunch up here and take kindly to anyone who visits…you do know that, don’t you? Before Covid Alberta saw a bump in American tourists so I expect that hasn’t changed post pandemic. On our rides along the Icefields Parkway this past summer, we noticed many US vehicles parked at rest stops and key POIs such as Peyto Lake.

IMG_20220806_1439547.jpg

@Jeremy McCreary - We’re really a friendly bunch up here and take kindly to anyone who visits…you do know that, don’t you? Before Covid Alberta saw a bump in American tourists so I expect that hasn’t changed post pandemic. On our rides along the Icefields Parkway this past summer, we noticed many US vehicles parked at rest stops and key POIs such as Peyto Lake.

View attachment 143100
Of course, I'm just kidding. It's easy to poke fun at the US. Canada's much harder. (That's a compliment.)

We always felt welcome on our trips to Canada -- mostly BC and the Rockies. Stunning country, especially the Icefields Parkway.

17 degrees on the coldest part of my ride. thats the coldest its been in many years. double socks helped my electric gloves only somewhat kept up. but it was only 35 minutes so I made it.

Here is Minneapolis tonight at 7pm - why 7pm? Our flight to Toronto is scheduled for then...hopefully it holds up!

I would much prefer that it were actually -29 and no wind. wind chill sucks.

1671734484332.png

There’s only one solution to stop this illegal immigration of Canadian air…you must build a wall! :D

It was a cold ride this afternoon which played havoc with the electronics on my Garmin and camera. -31 C discounting the wind chill so I was only out for an hour. Returned home and shoveled the snow that fell last night.
We did set a new temperature record last night as the mercury plunged to -38C topping the 32 yr old record of-36.8C.

View attachment 143037
Brave man.
I haven't ridden in quite a while as I'm still recovering from Pneumonia. Bypassed cold, flu, RSV, Covid and went straight to Pneumonia. Weird.

Cold air, even for a few seconds, drives me into an intense coughing fit. It's currently -26C so nope...
When I do get out (perhaps on Christmas day with forecast currently at +4) , it will be we with a mask of some sort - perhaps my Balaclava.

Happy holidays to all - it's 4F time.
"Family, Friends, Fun and Feasts".

Back