We shall see where the future leads Specialized----8% layoffs

GuruUno

I can't say I am surprised as many portions of the economy are slowing down and this is just more evidence of that. 🤔

Hopefully, one of the positive aspects is that maybe they will fire that A-Hole Nathan in "Rider-I-Don't-Care"....life will be so much better without him! :)

What I'd like to see is Specialized (and all other major bicycle manufacturers) reduce their prices. Inflation has had a impact on the price of bicycles, but new bike prices have far exceeded inflation increases.

The question is the 8% just normal or is it something that should be deeply look at?
Who is to know, quite frankly, there is a lot of stagnant/dead-wood, know nothing associates, so if they get rid of those....we'll all be much better off.

“We are transforming the company around our purpose to Pedal the Planet Forward,” Specialized CEO Scott Maguire, said in a press release Wednesday."

Just pedaling the planet forward a bit more slowly.

"Specialized told Oregon that layoffs in that state involve two graphic designers, one digital designer, two web developers, a marketing manager and a product manager. "

I suspect similar layoffs up here (WA) since I'm not aware of any Specialized retail shops in this area.

Hopefully, those folks can find other employment quickly.

About every company that had boom times during the pandemic and shortly afterward is facing sales slowdowns and laying people off: GoPro, Peloton, REI, Specialized, Zoom, etc., etc.

With these news releases it's not clear if the layoffs bring the companies number of employees back down to pre-pandemic numbers, or lower.

With these news releases it's not clear if the layoffs bring the companies number of employees back down to pre-pandemic numbers, or lower.
In reality if it did bring them down below it would be normal as a dip in sales makes sense with all the used bikes out there.

Back