We are working on a documentary: "A story of the electric bicycle in the United States"

Dr. G.

Dear e-bikers,

I am working on a documentary: "A story of the electric bicycle in the United States", and I am looking for e-bikers living in the United States who have a story to tell on camera. Positive, negative, remarkable, unusual, all opinions count. No interview experience is required. Interested? Read more at https://ebikedocumentary.com

E-bike Documentary examines a new cycling genre (e-biking) that makes for a good conversation on the trail. Do you have an opinion about e-biking in the United States? Are you concerned about e-biking? Has it changed your life? Did you meet your lover on the trail?

Did e-biking improve your health, or did it get you into trouble, whatever that may be? Have you been advocating for e-bikes, or do you know someone who is fiercely against e-biking and believes e-bikers are cheaters?

I would love to hear from you if you have a story to tell.

Gregory, Washington DC
[email protected]
https://ebikedocumentary.com

Gregory is founder ebikelovers.com, an inclusive social group of e-bikers in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland
As featured in the New York Times

ebikedocumentary.com.jpg

Read more at https://ebikedocumentary.com

Last edited:
You should get in touch with some of the owners that post on this site, just remember there are some Canadian companies selling into the USA that could give you very valuable input.
The owners, Roshan@Biktrix, Sam@DOST, and George@Voltbikes out of Canada could provide some valuable input.
I would also highly recommend talking to Pushkar the owner of Watt Wagons, he is extremely interactive on these boards with his customers and all Ebike enthusiasts.
In Boston he is making some of the best Ebikes in the market right now.
Storm Sondors the owner of Sondors would be another owner you want to talk to. Bolton Ebikes has a youtube channel worth talking to that owner.
Finally the owner of Ebikes USA had an interview and he sees the future of the industry better than most, he is an Ebike exclusive shop.

Looking forward to the completed project.

Last edited:
You should get in touch with some of the owners that post on this site, just remember there are some Canadian companies selling into the USA that could give you very valuable input.
The owners, Roshan@Biktrix, Sam@DOST, and George@Voltbikes out of Canada could provide some valuable input.
I would also highly recommend talking to Pushkar the owner of Watt Wagons, he is extremely interactive on these boards with his customers and all Ebike enthusiasts.
Storm Sondors the owner of Sondors would be another owner you want to talk to. Bolton Ebikes has a youtube channel worth talking to that owner.
Finally the owner of Ebikes USA had an interview and he sees the future of the industry better than most, he is an Ebike exclusive shop.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. Much appreciated. Cheers, Gregory

Sounds like a fun project. Who is your ultimate audience? Who’s funding it? What’s the objective? I spent many years producing video including tons of interviews so I’m always curious about the bottom line. Best of luck!
Lots of interesting folks on this forum as I’m sure you’ve noted. A lot of them are older and retired with lots having health issues. A number have built their own and don’t care where they get their parts as long as they’re cheap. Many commute to work and don’t drive cars anymore. Most seem to want a local shop to rely on and supporting those shops is important to them. Some just enjoy having a collection of toys like car collectors. It really runs the gamut.

Last edited:
Yes .. definitely get in touch with Houshmand Moarefi, owner of EBikes USA in Denver, CO. He is passionate about eBikes!

I am guessing most of us e-bikers have a story interesting to us, but probably not documentary material ... in my case, just a couple of old farts being able to get out of the recliner and back on a bicycle with a confidence that we can take a ride of decent distance and make it back up the hill without having a heart attack. That said, I look forward to your documentary and will definitely want to watch it if it is available.

I also recommend talking to @Court , the owner of EBR.
and companies like Trek, Specialized, etc. who have the infrastructure to support their huge network of dealers and how they have witnessed the growth of this industry.

You should also speak with companies that produce motors and batteries and how they view the US market vs. the rest of the world.

Dear e-bikers,

I am working on a documentary: "A story of the electric bicycle in the United States", and I am looking for e-bikers living in the United States who have a story to tell on camera. Positive, negative, remarkable, unusual, all opinions count. No interview experience is required. Interested? Read more at https://ebikedocumentary.com

E-bike Documentary examines a new cycling genre (e-biking) that makes for a good conversation on the trail. Do you have an opinion about e-biking in the United States? Are you concerned about e-biking? Has it changed your life? Did you meet your lover on the trail?

Did e-biking improve your health, or did it get you into trouble, whatever that may be? Have you been advocating for e-bikes, or do you know someone who is fiercely against e-biking and believes e-bikers are cheaters?

I would love to hear from you if you have a story to tell.

Gregory, Washington DC
[email protected]
https://ebikedocumentary.com

Gregory is founder ebikelovers.com, an inclusive social group of e-bikers in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland
As featured in the New York Times

View attachment 83725
Read more at https://ebikedocumentary.com
I may be interested and responded to your documentary link. ;)

Gregory, you seem sincere and may be interested in the complete story.​

( and documenting references and pioneers where it is due )

Consider calling Eric (LUNA)? Justin (GRIN) ?​

" The never told story before of the ebike revolution.. "​

Mike

Sounds like a fun project. Who is your ultimate audience? Who’s funding it? What’s the objective? I spent many years producing video including tons of interviews so I’m always curious about the bottom line. Best of luck!
Lots of interesting folks on this forum as I’m sure you’ve noted. A lot of them are older and retired with lots having health issues. A number have built their own and don’t care where they get their parts as long as they’re cheap. Many commute to work and don’t drive cars anymore. Most seem to want a local shop to rely on and supporting those shops is important to them. Some just enjoy having a collection of toys like car collectors. It really runs the gamut.
Dear Dallant, have a look at the website https://ebikedocumentary.com for more info about the doc and the FAQ section for your questions. We launched the project as it is so much fun talking to folks about new technology. Everyone has an opinion. That makes it so interesting.

I also recommend talking to @Court , the owner of EBR.
and companies like Trek, Specialized, etc. who have the infrastructure to support their huge network of dealers and how they have witnessed the growth of this industry.

You should also speak with companies that produce motors and batteries and how they view the US market vs. the rest of the world.

I am guessing most of us e-bikers have a story interesting to us, but probably not documentary material ... in my case, just a couple of old farts being able to get out of the recliner and back on a bicycle with a confidence that we can take a ride of decent distance and make it back up the hill without having a heart attack. That said, I look forward to your documentary and will definitely want to watch it if it is available.
Hi Alan, old farts are always interesting. They have good stories to tell. We will have a section on health and e-biking in the doc.

Gregory, you seem sincere and may be interested in the complete story.​

( and documenting references and pioneers where it is due )

Consider calling Eric (LUNA)? Justin (GRIN) ?​

" The never told story before of the ebike revolution.. "​

Mike
This is an excellent suggestion.

Dear Dallant, have a look at the website https://ebikedocumentary.com for more info about the doc and the FAQ section for your questions. We launched the project as it is so much fun talking to folks about new technology. Everyone has an opinion. That makes it so interesting.
Yeah, I read those but was looking for more detail. As someone who made congressional funding videos, I was curious if there were some other agendas going on.
As an ebike rider/forum reader, I see lots of areas of shared joy and conflict. Older folks like me have found a great new access to exercise/fresh air/enjoyment. Biking was always my go-to exercise of choice but poor health and old age limited my range and variety of riding. Some folks like me have gained years of life because of ebikes, which is a great gift.
My biggest concerns are folks trying to eek every ounce of speed out of these bikes and the scary fast emotorcycles masquerading as ebikes that can make normal bike trails a danger zone. These machines are likely to create huge regulatory nightmares if just a few bad accidents cause local and state legislators to limit access to average ebikers.

I would also add Mike Radenbaugh, founder of Rad Powerbikes, who started building ebikes when he was 15 and now runs the largest ebike company in North America.

I signed up, not much of a story other than old fat and broken, but ebikes allow me to ride(keep up) with my 26 year old hot rod son on the single tracks!

There is a great pod cast- War on Cars. If you can sit in on a convo with them or get them to do something on your topic, that might create something interesting as a springboard or a frame of reference. Doug is brilliant.

Back