Water bottle for XP Lite?

Balsa61

Region
USA
My wife would like a water bottle holder for her XP Lite, so this is a two part question:

1) Where / How can I mount a water bottle holder to the XP Lite? Maybe fit to the four holes for the front basket?
2) Can anyone recommend a holder that would take a metal bottle for hot and cold drinks?

She is 5'4" so both the seat and handlebars are set fairly low.

Attached to two of the front basket mounting holes.... Note the required spacers/nuts and washers to avoid fouling the folding handlebar release latch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220319_161229.jpg
    IMG_20220319_161229.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 352
Oops! Anyway, still available on Amazon
You'll need to slightly enlarge the mounting holes for the correct size Allen head bolt, but the holes line up perfectly. Get the bolts long enough to fit the spacers....

Last edited:
Balsa,

Check out Mizatto bike cup holders. They sell them in a 2 pack for ~$12. They hold from 12oz to a 32oz metal bottles no problem. Had 2 mounted on my Lite - 1 under the seat and 1 on the bars. You can mount them right to the front basket if you wanted to, as they're 3 point velcro straps and have a snug closure toggle on the top and side pockets. I prefer them over any other bottle holder as they double as versatile storage. In fact, I recently ordered 20 more of them so I don't have to keep swapping them between scooters, bikes, and ATV's. Your wife won't be disappointed.

Front basket mounting holes don't work for a bottle cage on a Lite because the headlight gets in the way. You'd need to figure out a way to mod the headlight mount to move it out of the way.

A standard bottle cage should work for any other Lectric model, which either has the headlight mounted lower and farther forward, or has mounting holes on the seat tube.

Found this on Amazon I think it was 2 for $15 has 2 Velcro straps and sinch cord and a little pocket for phone? Mascara? Lipstick? Brush? Or toiletries lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230425_182407893.jpg
    IMG_20230425_182407893.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20230425_182419962.jpg
    IMG_20230425_182419962.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 102
My wife would like a water bottle holder for her XP Lite, so this is a two part question:

1) Where / How can I mount a water bottle holder to the XP Lite? Maybe fit to the four holes for the front basket?
2) Can anyone recommend a holder that would take a metal bottle for hot and cold drinks?
Can't help with 1), but I have a great solution for 2): The Any Bottle Cage linked in this post and discussed in several replies.

They really mean the Any Bottle part. Perfect for carrying 20 and 28 oz. Gatorade bottles, wine bottles, and coffee fixes in my stainless thermos. Very secure.

20230318_171107.jpg

Can't help with 1), but I have a great solution for 2): The Any Bottle Cage linked in this post and discussed in several replies.

They really mean the Any Bottle part. Perfect for carrying 20 and 28 oz. Gatorade bottles, wine bottles, and coffee fixes in my stainless thermos. Very secure.

View attachment 152424
Just got one of any bottle cage on Amazon really impressive it holds a 20 oz bottle of Gatorade with a can cooler on with still a lot of room to spare love it

Hi Balsa61.
Waterbottle holder location OPTIONS:
I have already posted this info on the ARIEL RIDER forum. So, I decided to just go ahead and do a “copy&paste” for you most excellent LECTRIC ebike gangsta posse hooligans.
The following post will detail how I have installed “custom” waterbottle holders on 4 of my ebikes. I went ahead and attached photo's at the end of this response. You really need to 1st scroll down to the end of this post to examine the photo's. Things will then make more sense.
My peas o' chit ArielRider(brand) X52(model) ebike beast, with its 20”x4” tires (actually 16”x3” motorcycle tires), uses a two-water bottle configuration. It is also pictured with the 1 bottle mount configuration.
My brand new 2023 M2S(brand) ScoutCargo(model), with its 20”x4” tires(actually 16”x3” motorcycle tires), uses a three-waterbottle holder configuration. I decided to mount the triple bottle set-up just so I could show other riders what is possible IF you“think outside the box”.. Too much fun.
[COPY&PASTEitem:]
a). WaterBottle holder:As you may already know, water bottle holder placement on the frame of any ebike can be quite a challenge, and on these moped-style frames, even more so. I stumbled upon this method of fastening 1 or 2 units to pretty much any ebike.
I had already installed this handlebar height extender
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805362855529.html?
and, as a side benefit, thanks to the multiple shims(2 or more), I was able install 2 of these water bottle holder brackets (1 black and 1 red) in place of 2 of those shims. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RBWC43B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Upon inspecting my 6 ebikes, every one of them has at least a couple of(spacer) shims under the stem. The aforementioned bottle holder bracket(s) are exactly the same width as those shims. Thus, the bracket will just replace the shim(s), as needed. You only need to verify that the side location of the bottle holder won't interfere with side-to-side movement (hit the top tube/bar) when you turn the handlebar.
Also, if you use a front-mounted cage-type metal cargo carrier, etc., you will need to factor that item (and its non-turning location) into the equation. Even with that item factored in, it should be easy to at least install one holder unit at the “rear” of the stem. Don't worry, because it will still not be a factor when you mount/dismount the ebike.
You will see that the skinny little “long bracket” that the actual bottle cage will mount to has 3 screws. The very short one, the one that connects the arm to the skinny stem bracket, has one very disconcerting habit: it will try to “back out”. Due to the location of the bottle cage frame, it won't be able to dislodge itself. It will, however, be “loose” and the cage/bottle will wobble. Enough to drive a person batty. So, you need to use a LocTite-type screw thread liquid (blue) OR glue. Also, get a few small washers and tape them on top of the screw head. They, too, will prevent the screw from trying to back out (it won't have anywhere to go).
Once you have the bracket(s) located in a good position, it is time to screw on/attach the water bottle holder to that long, skinny bracket. Since I already own these water bottle holders (2 for $11-- not bad) they were my logical choice. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZWQYD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 I did have to drill 2 holes in each bottle mount. The good thing about doing that is I can place the holes “high” or “low” on the mount. My choice.
Also needed is 1 (or 2) of this particular item: https://www.amazon.com/Progresso-Tr...wder-18-5-Ounce/dp/B00434J53M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa? So, why a can of PROGRESSO soup? Because its fatte than normal width(for a soup can) makes it an ideal container in which to insert a typical size water bottle. And, just for you to use as a reference, I actually use this water bottle (among others) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093FJW45Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on numerous occasions and it works just fine. Of course, the shorter water bottles work great, too.
There are a few pre-assembly modifications needed to make this set-up work correctly.
Having the empty soup can, with its pop-top lid removed, means that you need to also use a regular can opener to remove the thin sharp rim edge left by the pop-top. Now is also a good time to “personalize” the soup can by removing the original label and applying whatever pattern rocks yer boat. I used contact paper carbon fiber and a 1” strip of multi-color cloth trim. Decorative duct tape is another option.
You might assume that all you need to do now is insert the soup can into the bottle holder, insert the water bottle itself, and you are Good To Go. Not so, young grasshopper. There will be 2 things working against you:
The weight of a full water bottle.. Gravity.
What you now need to do is use a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer to make 2 parallel slits/slots (about 1/4” apart) in the bottom of the soup can (think snake fangs). Now look at the photo of the linked black water bottle holder(s). See how, at the bottom, there is that small “L”? Well, there are also 2 open slots down there. What you need to do is get a ZipTie and run it through the soup can slits and also both of those bottom slots.
Another option is to drill holes in the sides of the soup can. You can now
insert a screwdriver and screw the mounting screws(2) via the inside of the soup can (use some washers, too.).
Either option will prevent the soup can from being ejected from the holder. However, that, in and of itself ,will only ½ solve the problem.
You will also need to locate a stretchy elastic band-type item (Iactually bought these-- they work great)
https://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Extra-Black-Elastics-Count/dp/B01F8SRBXC/ref=sr_1_32?
This stretchy thing will be inserted along the top edge of the water bottle holder and then wrapped around the water bottle body/top section nipple as needed to prevent “ejection”.. Works like a champ. EasyBreezy..And there you have it. As a side benefit, you can use the soup can/container to act as a kind of mini-storage compartment. I actually put my keys in one and then set a cut-in-half plastic water bottle on top of the keys to keep them from being ejected..
[end of CUT&PASTE]

And there you have it. See the following photo's..

Attachments

• FILE0005 (6).JPG
    FILE0005 (6).JPG
    610.4 KB · Views: 71
  • FILE0013 (4).JPG
    FILE0013 (4).JPG
    569.6 KB · Views: 61
  • FILE0013 (3).JPG
    FILE0013 (3).JPG
    502.2 KB · Views: 64
  • FILE0014 (4).JPG
    FILE0014 (4).JPG