Adding front basket to XP 1.0

bholio

I'm still using my XP 1.0 as a shopping bike. One thing I have been missing since I got it is a front basket. The 1.0 does not have the mounting points like the 2.0 and up has. I really like the idea of a frame mounted basket, as opposed to something that will move around as I turn. I finally came up with something, and it seems to work pretty well so far.

Parts:
The plate was cut and drilled to fit the 2 muffler clamps, and the holes on the basket. The muffler clamps are too far apart to bolt directly to the basket. The plate is an adapter between the clamps and the basket.

I did have to cut part of the basket's mounting plate to clear the muffler bolts.

Pros:
  • It works. Have had no problems so far.
  • I just had to buy the basket as opposed to a rack + basket.
Cons
  • Its a pain to remove. Even worse to put back on. Much harder than it would be on 2.0
  • While I've had no problems, I am hesitant to put heavy things up front. If I have a failure, it would be a bad wreck.
  • The front light had to be moved. Its not in a good place at the moment.
  • The big set of cables from the handlebars can hang up on things in the basket. I suspect the same is true on a 2.0
    PXL_20230614_214201549.jpg
    PXL_20230614_214209253.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a removable basket for my Denago City 1. That way I can ride without it and if I need it I can just slap it on in 2 seconds!👍

Back