WASTE OF MONEY! Level V1 Batteries are not being made anymore.

I just wanted to let anyone with a Level V1 that I went the route of buying the Aventon Level V2 battery and terminal kit. It was the best deal IMO. I explored battery repacking. I contacted two (I cant remember the first one, they said they didn't do Aventon) and FTH Power was willing with some big caveats. Sarah was terrific and explained everything. I just wasn't willing to go that route. I emailed Jenny Mao and she was also very helpful. But The cost was actually more from China than Aventon. I chose to go with Aventon. I called them and was supplied the part number for the kit, how to buy it and they also sent me the installation instructions. I have attached those. The reason for going with Aventon was simple. It's a UL listed battery. I didn't want my house burning down and I have recourse.

The battery is identical to the V1 with some different decals. I really cant see any differences. Last season I did try my grandsons V2 battery in my bike and it wouldn't turn on. The terminal is only different in that the 2 red wires have a jumper between them and there is a combo connecter instead or the separate wire for the heavier pos and neg. Its very well sealed against water. I have attached picts of both. The new terminal block is on the right. You will have to cut off the combo connector and crimp on bullet connectors on the terminal wires. Its easy.

The cost of the battery and terminal kit was: $404.99 plus tax.
The SKU for the Level.1 battery and terminal combo kit: BT0003
You will have to call them to order it. They were super helpful.

Please let me know if you would like to read the response from Jenny or FTH Power. I would be happy to either send it to you of put it on here.
I hope this helps.

I love my bike and I was pretty bummed about my battery going bad as we ride long distances here. Unfortunately I was only able to take a spin around the block on the new battery as our weather here in Minnesota has turned pretty cold. Hopefully it will warm up and I can get in one last long ride.

Attachments

• Level Terminal Installation.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • terminal block bottom.jpg
    terminal block bottom.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 100
  • terminal block top.jpg
    terminal block top.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 93
@levelrider
Thanks for sharing, according to the terminal difference, we guess that the A-pin (Charging/+) on V2 battery is not wired inside of battery, so the A-pin (Charging/+) on plug needs to borrow power from the thick red wire (Discharging/+). Usually Charging/+ & Discharging/+ wire come out from same place, the positive of cells pack.

But I have a doubt, even under this situation, the V2 battery discharging shall work to power on the V1 bike, only the frame charging port doesn't work.

Also do you test V1 battery on V2 bike?

1698728414326.png

For the SYR battery with 4pin, we usually wire like the way of Level V1, A+/B- used for charging via the frame charging port.

1698728718212.png

I did not test the V1 battery on the V2 bike. It's not here at the moment so I can't test it. I should be able to have access to it soon and see if it will charge on the bike.

Thanks, I think the V1 battery will work on V2 bike, both charging and discharging work, but the V2 battery will only cause the V1 bike charging void (via frame port). Looking forward to hearing your testing results.

I haven't been able to get over to the grandson's Level V2 to see if the V1 battery works in it or not.

However, I did put my old V1 battery into my Level with the new terminal for the V2 battery and it works fine, powers up, charges from the port on the frame. Nothing is different. Now I have a spare for really long ride, it just doesnt have range more than 20 miles nor does it have the oomph it used to have. But it's fine for short rides and great for a spare to keep my new battery going longer.

Hopefully I will get over to the V2 Level over the Holidays and report what I find. Anyways, I hope this info helps anyone with the V1 Level.

I did put my old V1 battery into my Level with the new terminal for the V2 battery and it works fine, powers up, charges from the port on the frame. Nothing is different
This is correct as we are discussing. Now we wait for the testing V2 battery on V1 bike.
The V1 and V2 discharging plug are actually functioning same in wiring. The only difference is battery inner wiring of the 4pin port.

I haven't been able to get over to the grandson's Level V2 to see if the V1 battery works in it or not.

However, I did put my old V1 battery into my Level with the new terminal for the V2 battery and it works fine, powers up, charges from the port on the frame. Nothing is different. Now I have a spare for really long ride, it just doesnt have range more than 20 miles nor does it have the oomph it used to have. But it's fine for short rides and great for a spare to keep my new battery going longer.

Hopefully I will get over to the V2 Level over the Holidays and report what I find. Anyways, I hope this info helps anyone with the V1 Level.
Hi there! The V2 battery should only be used with the V2 terminal. Using a V1 battery with a V2 terminal can harm other components and is not recommended. If any damages occur from this, the warranty will be voided.

I have access to a new Level 2 battery brand new never used from a Level 2 owner that received it as part of a Level 2 purchase. What do they go for new from Aventon and what would be a fair price including shipping from the East to West coast?

Back