Warning: this thread contains throttle related content

One American here who misses not having a manual transmission. I had one up until just about 5 years ago when I replaced my 2006 Boxster S with a 2013 Boxster S with PDK. Great transmission for sure, but my left foot gets bored. ;)
I passed on the new 2020 Corvette because it's not available in manual shift.

If you're looking for a mid engine sports car, Saleen S1 😁
$100,000
2685 lbs
6 Speed Manual Transmission
450hp Turbocharged 4 cyl engine

Corvette C8 weighs 3647 lbs (approx 1000 lbs heavier than Saleen S1)
and the realistic pricing for C8 is $120,000 to $130,000 because of market markups.
The price for Corvette C8 will drop to retail fairly soon. Chevy is not a boutique manufacturer producing limited quantities. Like all Corvettes in the past, the market will get saturated and prices stabilize.

Now if you want it yesterday, then you will end up paying a ridiculous premium. I had a friend who bought a 42 inch plasma TV when they first came out for $20k. 🥴

The price for Corvette C8 will drop to retail fairly soon. Chevy is not a boutique manufacturer producing limited quantities. Like all Corvettes in the past, the market will get saturated and prices stabilize.

Now if you want it yesterday, then you will end up paying a ridiculous premium. I had a friend who bought a 42 inch plasma TV when they first came out for $20k. 🥴
Another thing I'd be weary of is Saleen's financial viability and long-term serviceability. I'm not sure what local mechanic is equipped to service the car or get parts. With a Corvette, that will never be an issue.

With that said, I'm a fan of manual transmission, but I would not say no to the C8. 😋

Last edited:
Back