Wallke W-PAS 50% regeneration?

Wallke finally realized that there is something wrong with my bike. They are sending me a new display and control box... I am not too impressed with the power of this bike... Probably 22mph with full throttle on level... This is a quality bike, but I don't like the seating position compared to my 20 inch fat tire folding bike... It's much more comfortable, and the Bafang motor has more power as it is geared.
That's unfortunate, not much can be done about the seating position, in stock form. If you're after an upright position, you can look into a curved handlebar.

Once Wallke sorts out your controller issue, you should see 27 - 29 mph.

That's unfortunate, not much can be done about the seating position, in stock form. If you're after an upright position, you can look into a curved handlebar.

Once Wallke sorts out your controller issue, you should see 27 - 29 mph.
What type of curved handlebar would I be looking for?

You would probably end up having to use a local store. To get all of the needed components right the first time.
1591186595027.png

I just got my x3 this past Sunday.. Everything was working great. I took out battery to charge after almost 40 miles. Now, my odometer and speedometer are not measuring accurately. I rode 15 miles and odometer on bike measured only 1 mile. My speedometer only shows my speed at 3 mph when I know the speed is about 20 miles. PAS and throttle work perfectly.

I just got my x3 this past Sunday.. Everything was working great. I took out battery to charge after almost 40 miles. Now, my odometer and speedometer are not measuring accurately. I rode 15 miles and odometer on bike measured only 1 mile. My speedometer only shows my speed at 3 mph when I know the speed is about 20 miles. PAS and throttle work perfectly.
Make sure your wheel setting is at 28 inch, and your speed sensor is at 01...

Wow, you have got to see the emails I have been going back and forth with Wallke with!!! If you are following my posts, you know that my Wallke X3 Pro does not have different levels of PAS. It doesn't matter if I set it to 0-3, 1-5, or 0-9, they all have the same level of PAS. Level 1, about 270 watts of power. I have full throttle power and it changes throttle wattage when I change PAS levels.
Anyway, Wallke wanted me to send them a video of this... Which I did in levels 1-5. They sent back an email that said their "technician" said the X3 Pro was only supposed to work on levels 0-3. So I set it to that. SAME. Then they said set it to 0-7. SAME. They said they would send me a new display and control box. Today they said that it was normal for the speed to decrease as I was climbing a MOUNTAIN!!! And to send them a video of me on flat ground... I told them I was not climbing a MOUNTAIN and you can see in the video that the wattage and speed do not change as I change PAS levels... This back and forth email has gone on for 2 weeks now.

Wow, you have got to see the emails I have been going back and forth with Wallke with!!! If you are following my posts, you know that my Wallke X3 Pro does not have different levels of PAS. It doesn't matter if I set it to 0-3, 1-5, or 0-9, they all have the same level of PAS. Level 1, about 270 watts of power. I have full throttle power and it changes throttle wattage when I change PAS levels.
Anyway, Wallke wanted me to send them a video of this... Which I did in levels 1-5. They sent back an email that said their "technician" said the X3 Pro was only supposed to work on levels 0-3. So I set it to that. SAME. Then they said set it to 0-7. SAME. They said they would send me a new display and control box. Today they said that it was normal for the speed to decrease as I was climbing a MOUNTAIN!!! And to send them a video of me on flat ground... I told them I was not climbing a MOUNTAIN and you can see in the video that the wattage and speed do not change as I change PAS levels... This back and forth email has gone on for 2 weeks now.
I think you said that you tried this already, but have you tried "Current Limit: Normal", which would mimic CarlW ?

OK... I finally got them to understand the problem. They are sending me a new control box. I doubt that it will have or need any installation instructions. I believe it is located just behind the battery when you open the folding mechanism. They are not sending a new display, so I hope that is not the problem...

OK... I finally got them to understand the problem. They are sending me a new control box. I doubt that it will have or need any installation instructions. I believe it is located just behind the battery when you open the folding mechanism. They are not sending a new display, so I hope that is not the problem...
Any update ?

My bike started (or maybe I just never noticed before) making a faint ticking noise, in the rear, when I was pedaling in PAS level 2 (+/- 22 mph). Turns out some of the spokes on the rear tire weren't hand tight.

$5 later on Amazon, no more ticking time bomb
Spoke wrench

Any update ?

My bike started (or maybe I just never noticed before) making a faint ticking noise, in the rear, when I was pedaling in PAS level 2 (+/- 22 mph). Turns out some of the spokes on the rear tire weren't hand tight.

$5 later on Amazon, no more ticking time bomb
Spoke wrench
Thanks, I will check my spokes too... I got the new controller. It had different connections for the main red and black wires. So, I cut the old connectors off and soldered it to the new controller... I put it back together and it does have more power in the other PAS settings, but anything above level 1 comes on with full power and stays there... I have my % set in levels 1-5 at 40, 50, 60, 85, and 100%. I will try different PAS levels tomorrow. I find the cruise control coming on all the time at mostly full power and staying there. I suspect I need a new display also... I will try to play around with the settings. Top speed seems to be around 22 on level ground...

OK, I fooled around with the advanced display settings. I now have all 5 levels of PAS with speed on each level to work as intended. Seems like I will have to play around with the settings more. Level 1 is about 12 mph, and level 2 is about 17 mph. Above those levels the bike just stays at full power. I think level one should be abut 7 mph and level 2 about 12 mph, etc... I find the cruise control function to be annoying.... The PAS levels should keep you at the desired speed...

Reactions: LGC
Single charge, six runs, over ten days, 95% PAS 1, 5% PAS 2 (no throttle only)

Today, on PAS 3 (25 mph) throttle only to cross a major roadway, the battery meter dipped into the mid 60s, but bounced back into the 70s, when I resumed PAS 1 (with peddling)

View attachment 51698
Just received mine yesterday, everything was good with it. Rode to 20 miles both up and down hills. Top speed of 33.4 mph. Only complaint was I didn't receive a sleeve for the seat post so I had to rig it. Still had 85% left. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but when Regen. is happening the watts used turns red and shows - watt. P
Single charge, six runs, over ten days, 95% PAS 1, 5% PAS 2 (no throttle only)

Today, on PAS 3 (25 mph) throttle only to cross a major roadway, the battery meter dipped into the mid 60s, but bounced back into the 70s, when I resumed PAS 1 (with peddling)

View attachment 51698
I got mine last night :). Rode today to the beach up and down many tough hills. Went 20 miles, got to 33.4mph and had 85% left when I got home. Only complaint is they didn't send meet a seat post sleeve so I had to rig it. Anyone notice when it Regens. the watts meter on screen turns red and shows - - watts? Can't figure out how to get to sport mode, any help out there??
IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0022.jpg

From: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/wallke-x3-pro.34544/

Hello and thanks for choosing Wallke!
Although we do not recommend changing the pre-set settings, If you have to alter the display parameters, Please kindly follow the information below:
After pressing "+", "-" and "power" button at the same time, you will enter setting mode. Home page will appear OK. Then press "+", "-" enter parameters setting interface. When you finish setting you need to long press "i" button or exit properly to save the settng, otherwise it would not be saved. Please restart the display when you finish setting.
I had confirmed with our technican, you can change the PAS level from 1-3 to 1-5.
Happy Trails and stay safe,
Carl
U.S. Wallke Ambassador

It looks like a geared motor!
How does the regen work ?

I made the same observation and asked the same thing about 100 notes ago. Been watching since for clarification, and have yet to see anything for certain.....

It looks like a geared motor!
How does the regen work ?
I am pretty sure it is not a geared motor. When I compare the torque to go up a hill with my 750 watt Bafang motor, the Wallke has much less power. The regen capabilities could be so much better... You have to be going over 12 miles per hour to get any regen and it has to be in level 1. It seems that it would be much better if the regen came on when you touched the brakes with NOT enough pressure to actually engage the brakes at any speed... Then if you need more braking, pull the brake a little more... Since the brakes already have motor inhibitors, that work electronically, it seems this could be done.... Anyway, I sold mine to my buddy as he needed a bike.

I am pretty sure it is not a geared motor. When I compare the torque to go up a hill with my 750 watt Bafang motor, the Wallke has much less power. The regen capabilities could be so much better... You have to be going over 12 miles per hour to get any regen and it has to be in level 1. It seems that it would be much better if the regen came on when you touched the brakes with NOT enough pressure to actually engage the brakes at any speed... Then if you need more braking, pull the brake a little more... Since the brakes already have motor inhibitors, that work electronically, it seems this could be done.... Anyway, I sold mine to my buddy as he needed a bike.

Pretty much confirms what I had thought. Not a gear drive. Low amount of regen, and then only noticable at higher speeds, is pretty typical performance. A complete non event for those not riding in the hills.

Back