Wallke W-PAS 50% regeneration?

Single charge, six runs, over ten days, 95% PAS 1, 5% PAS 2 (no throttle only)

Today, on PAS 3 (25 mph) throttle only to cross a major roadway, the battery meter dipped into the mid 60s, but bounced back into the 70s, when I resumed PAS 1 (with peddling)

76x76.jpg

Last edited:
How many times have you had to charge the bike? This is cool to see

To be clear on your on 1 battery charge and mileage is 76 on it? And what is your average speed riding

To be clear on your on 1 battery charge and mileage is 76 on it? And what is your average speed riding
I see from the forum that you are experienced in ebikes. We have about 2000 miles on our 20 inch fat tire folders. They have been pretty much bullet proof. They are similar to the Rad minis, but are labeled Black Max. I should get my X3 Pro this week or next. What are your impressions of the bike from what you have read hear?

Doing my 5th charge now.

76 miles, on one full charge.

I average a little over 12 mph, when there's no head wind. The regenerative action comes in, in the high 12s, low 13s. On PAS level 1, power kicks in when I dip below 12 mph

I see from the forum that you are experienced in ebikes. We have about 2000 miles on our 20 inch fat tire folders. They have been pretty much bullet proof. They are similar to the Rad minis, but are labeled Black Max. I should get my X3 Pro this week or next. What are your impressions of the bike from what you have read hear?
I'll be curious to see how you compare the 26" to the 20" fat tire bikes, purely on the ride ability.

i think it is a cool bike at a decent price

one of my first bikes was similar frame design but 36 volt, disc brake not hydraulic etc

very intrigued by the regen on these, i did some riding a couple of weeks ago with a lot of climbs/downhills and thought regen would have been awesome

cannot wait to hear how you like your X3 Pro when it gets here, and will be interesting to see if you get as high of mileage as LGC

will you be in the flats also or in more hilly terrain?

We are in Washington State. Definitely lots of hills. We are in AZ this weekend, but back on Monday. I kind of expect the bike to be here when we get back...

After some research, I believe it is a Reibok. Looks like the bikes that have this motor have very good reviews... Everybody seems to like the regenerative capabilities. I am looking forward to getting my X3 PRO...
I emailed wallke and they claim it's the 750 watt nominal geared motor from the company Shengyi (62 nm of torque). Can someone confirm the company, model number, and if it is a geared hub motor. I thought geared hub motors did not have regenerative capability!

MOST geared motors have a clutch that disengages the motor to allow you to coast normally. Judging by what I'm reading here, there's a chance this bike might not have that clutch. It would be the first I've heard of (other than the very specialized GMAC rear hub).

Further, looking at the pics, it would appear the motor is in fact a gear driven hub.

This kinda reminds me of the GMAC setup (geared hub with no clutch) but that setup has so much regen (brake) that the rear tire would simply lock up if you were to just turn the regen on at speed. For that reason, that drive is set up with a variable brake/regen, so it can be applied gradually. With this Wallke setup, this doesn't appear to be a factor so there's a major difference somewhere. Because the Wallke websites are so flaky, it's hard to figure out anything for sure.

Watching with interest....-Al

I still don't have my bike yet... I emailed 2 times and called 2 times. I got responses almost immediately. Apparently, FedEx was not able to pick the bike up as planned, but I got notice yesterday that it was picked up and is on it's way. Delivery is expected on Monday the 18th...
I found another couple of bikes that have the same or similar motor as the Wallke. They are Rattan and Eahora. There is a pretty lengthy thread on the Eahora X7. By and large most comments about the Reibok motor with regen are very positive.

One of the first things I would like to get is a rack. I'm not sure if a front or rear would be better. The rear, I think, would be somewhat more complicated because of the suspension. There is a picture of an X3 Pro on the Wallke website with a rear rack, but I am not sure how well it works on that bike with the rear end pivoting. I would think there needs to be a hinge where the bike connects to the seat post...

I still don't have my bike yet... I emailed 2 times and called 2 times. I got responses almost immediately. Apparently, FedEx was not able to pick the bike up as planned, but I got notice yesterday that it was picked up and is on it's way. Delivery is expected on Monday the 18th...
I found another couple of bikes that have the same or similar motor as the Wallke. They are Rattan and Eahora. There is a pretty lengthy thread on the Eahora X7. By and large most comments about the Reibok motor with regen are very positive.
Similar situation here, mine has been sitting in the warehouse since May 8th waiting to be picked up by FedEx ground. Did yours update past shipping label created or did they just say it has been confirmed picked up?

I have high hopes for this bike and was likely going to get another for the S/O based on how it rode. We've been looking for something with the larger tires and good reports regarding the battery and motor. So far signs are promising but I wish they would be more clear/upfront on the shipping situation. It seems the time range for delivery for me will likely be between May 26th - June 1. Appreciate everyone's feedback so far!

Similar situation here, mine has been sitting in the warehouse since May 8th waiting to be picked up by FedEx ground. Did yours update past shipping label created or did they just say it has been confirmed picked up?

I have high hopes for this bike and was likely going to get another for the S/O based on how it rode. We've been looking for something with the larger tires and good reports regarding the battery and motor. So far signs are promising but I wish they would be more clear/upfront on the shipping situation. It seems the time range for delivery for me will likely be between May 26th - June 1. Appreciate everyone's feedback so far!
Mine was picked up and I have a delivery date of May 18th.

I ordered an X3 Pro on May 7th. May 8th I was notified that a FedEx label had been created. I was just updated by FedEx that the bike is in transit and should arrive Friday May 22. I bought a used Ibera RakPack and quick detach bag off Ebay. Obviously can't put it on the bike, but will update when I do. I live in the St. Louis area.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Back