Wallke W-PAS 50% regeneration?

It's normal for the battery indicator to drop during loads. Mine does that too. But if you go for a long ride, it should drop below 100% even at rest. I'm really interested in how many miles you get with this thing. If you get over 30, that is really good with a fat tire bike. I don't believe you will get anywhere close to what they claim on their website... 35-50 ebike, 50-60 PAS. Also, as AHicks mentioned their claims on regeneration are unrealistic...

I agree with the idea of riding more, without charging prior, and just monitor that gauge. Give yourself a chance to get to know it. Mine doesn't register in percentage, it has 5 "bars" that do actually give you an idea of where you're at - once you get to know it. I've found my bike has about a 35 mile range when ridden conservatively - which is my normal habit. On that bike, that first bar won't go out until the bike is in the high teens. The second will go at about 25 miles, and the 3rd will go out when it's time to recharge the bike - at about 46-47 volts. That's generally as low as I let it get.

The following was done on 1 full charge. Over the span of 4 days. I average about 12 miles, per outing.

You have fat tires. The setting for 28" tires might be what is more accurate. I would compare their total radius to regular 26 inch tires... Yeah, no way you can go 23 miles and have a full battery...
You are correct. In reviewing my logs I noticed that the 1st 13 miles (as indicated by my phone's GPS) only showed as +11, on the bike's display; this was with the tire size set to 26". After the 1st run, I put the tire size back to 28".

I agree with the idea of riding more, without charging prior, and just monitor that gauge. Give yourself a chance to get to know it. Mine doesn't register in percentage, it has 5 "bars" that do actually give you an idea of where you're at - once you get to know it. I've found my bike has about a 35 mile range when ridden conservatively - which is my normal habit. On that bike, that first bar won't go out until the bike is in the high teens. The second will go at about 25 miles, and the 3rd will go out when it's time to recharge the bike - at about 46-47 volts. That's generally as low as I let it get.
Same. The metering didn't really move off of 100%, until my 2nd run, on the same charge.

37 miles.jpg
voltage.jpg

The actual mileage is +37 miles. As mentioned, I did the 1st 13 miles with the wrong tire size.

Approximately 15 miles was done on PAS 2 (20 mph). The remainder was done on PAS 1 (12 mph). For those who are into the math, I've included the voltage settings for each PAS level; these are factory settings, I haven't messed with them.

I tried to order one on the pre-sale, but it would not take my credit card. They predict they will be shipped on May 15th. I'm impressed with your mileage figures. 32 miles with 68% battery left is really good. Keep me posted on your other rides... I wish you weren't so far away, I would like to ride one before I buy. I live in Washington state...

LGC... Do you have a phone number for Wallke? I have been trying to order, but it won't go through... Also the phone they have listed is not correct.
Thanks, Don

I've been corresponding via email:
[email protected]

They usually get back to me within 24 hrs

Edit to add:
Looks like they changed the payment options to either PayPal or contact them

Last edited:
Yeah, that is what I tried to do, but it did not work. I have had a bad experience with PayPal. I won't do that again. I sent them an email and they sent me a new phone number. I will try that tomorrow.
Thanks!!

Wow! That is unbelievable mileage. Assuming the battery reading is correct, you would be able to go over 100 miles on a charge. I've NEVER heard of such a thing. Anyway, sounds very promising. I assume that is on Level 1 or 2 and pedaling substantially...
I was able to reach somebody with the new phone # they provided, but I was unable to understand the lady on the other end. I went ahead and ordered with PayPal. They say shipping on May 15.... We will see....

Yes, I purposely used PAS level 1 for the overwhelming majority of the rides. No throttle only.

Curious if you have a lot of hills there where the regen kicks in a lot

Going to look up the specs now on this bike, interesting stuff

I'm in South East Florida. No hills to speak of.

I feel the 53.7 miles (logged on the one charge) is a true representation of the bike's abilities. As the last week was rather windy and on PAS 1 (kicks in at +11 mph) the motor was engaging more than the previous week; where it was more calm.

Last edited:
Well this certainly explains why my rear derailleur guard was pushed in, if this is how the factory stacks 'em:

1588426037452.png

Sounds like we are on track to receive the bikes by the 15th as expected... I am seeing several other bikes with the same type of regenerative hub motor. Kind of weird that Wallke says their W-PAS is "patented".

Sounds like we are on track to receive the bikes by the 15th as expected... I am seeing several other bikes with the same type of regenerative hub motor. Kind of weird that Wallke says their W-PAS is "patented".
I recently watched a few YouTube videos, on the "real" bicycle factories in China; they're like many of the other industries in China, that follow the "private label manufacturers " sales model. The real manufacturing factory would create the regenerative technology and then re-sell it as an option to their customers.

After some research, I believe it is a Reibok. Looks like the bikes that have this motor have very good reviews... Everybody seems to like the regenerative capabilities. I am looking forward to getting my X3 PRO...

Back