Wallke H6 Handlebar Mod

CDMcCarty

Region
USA
I'm attempting to mod the handlebar setup on my H6. I've concocted a plan and bought the parts I think I need. The only problem is, I can't figure out how to take apart the stock setup. Loosened the two smaller hex bolts at the base, but I can't get the larger cap bolt to budge. The 3/8" 10mm hex socket I'm trying to use is slightly too small and I'm afraid of stripping it. Is there something I'm missing?

Was wondering if you had any progress. I’m planning on ordering one soon and the first mod I’ll would make is the handlebars.

I did. Turns out I wasn't missing something, just needed to persevere. I finally got my hands on a longer 10mm hex and used my 3/8" impact wrench.
I'm in the process of slowly converting this bike into a retro-ish cargo beast, starting with the handlebars.
I bought one of David Brand New's Turtle Neck Stems, maintaining handlebar removal for folding. I topped that with a Haro Bikes Baseline Stem and finished it off with 10.5" BMX 4 Piece Chromoly Handlebars. I chose this particular handlebar because of the height and the fact that the crossbar is thick enough to accommodate the controls and phone holder. I've also added new mirrors and grips, front and rear turn signals, a new Brooks B67 saddle and a rear cargo basket from Wallke.
H6 Upgrades_2.jpg

Last edited:
I did. Turns out I wasn't missing something, just needed to persevere. I finally got my hands on a longer 10mm hex and used my 3/8" impact wrench.
I'm in the process of slowly converting this bike into a retro-ish cargo beast, starting with the handlebars.
I bought one of David Brand New's Turtle Neck Stems, maintaining handlebar removal for folding. I topped that with a Haro Bikes Baseline Stem and finished it off with 10.5" BMX 4 Piece Chromoly Handlebars. I chose this particular handlebar because of the height and the fact that the crossbar is thick enough to accommodate the controls and phone holder. I've also added new mirrors and grips, front and rear turn signals, a new Brooks B67 saddle and a rear cargo basket from Wallke. View attachment 144339
Awesome!!!!

Back