WALLKE eBike X3 Pro - Upgrades and Improvements

Thanks for making this video, JDsplice. I'm interested in performing some of the mods you discuss. Clarifying questions about upgrading the OEM spring shock with an airshock:
  1. You say that the OEM stock is 150mm, but the replacement you recommend is 165mm. Is that correct?
  2. What's your reasoning for going with a 15mm longer shock? Because it offers more suspension travel?
  3. How does the longer shock impact the bike's geometry and ergonomics?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Yes.
2 More suspension travel. Yes.
3. It's a tight fit, but completely doable. 100% improvement over stock shock. I have noticed a way more confortable ride and can focus more on enjoying the scenery.

Inspired by your upgrade video and because I can't ride (waiting for a new battery) I decided to upgrade my old GS3.0. I put on some Bucklos air shocks up front and a A5-rr1 rear shock. Also a 35 degree stem to take the pressure off my wrists. I cleaned up my cockpit by removing the cell phone holder (I don't have a cell phone, spend all my money on the bike) and the stock display (never worked). I wired in a better smaller battery monitor. I already had put on a PNW dropper post and a Spider sits-bone seat (covered with gel seat cover, too hard by itself).

Attachments

• IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    454.8 KB · Views: 302
Inspired by your upgrade video and because I can't ride (waiting for a new battery) I decided to upgrade my old GS3.0. I put on some Bucklos air shocks up front and a A5-rr1 rear shock. Also a 35 degree stem to take the pressure off my wrists. I cleaned up my cockpit by removing the cell phone holder (I don't have a cell phone, spend all my money on the bike) and the stock display (never worked). I wired in a better smaller battery monitor. I already had put on a PNW dropper post and a Spider sits-bone seat (covered with gel seat cover, too hard by itself).
Do you know the model of your replacement forks for the front? Thank you.

I got two referred to me by Wolf from Wallke.com. He sent me the link to two from Amazon. If you can't find them by searching Amazon shoot him an email. I got both, one for the 3.0 (Bucklos) and one set for my Bolton Lancer mid-drive (ZTZ Racing). They will be listed as suitable for 26-inch fat tire bikes. They must be quite standard, they both bolted right up perfect. Less than 1.5 mm difference at the brake pad once bolted up. I had to shorten the tube for the Wallke to make it exactly the same height as stock, but I ended up putting a stem extender on the Wallke so in the end I wouldn't have had to saw any off the Bucklos shocks, just shims to fill the space from the head piece to the bars. You'll need to order a new star nut for the new shock and check YouTube for how to install it. If you have trouble finding them, mail me back and I'll look up the exact numbers. It's worth the trouble I think.
Stan

I got two referred to me by Wolf from Wallke.com. He sent me the link to two from Amazon. If you can't find them by searching Amazon shoot him an email. I got both, one for the 3.0 (Bucklos) and one set for my Bolton Lancer mid-drive (ZTZ Racing). They will be listed as suitable for 26-inch fat tire bikes. They must be quite standard, they both bolted right up perfect. Less than 1.5 mm difference at the brake pad once bolted up. I had to shorten the tube for the Wallke to make it exactly the same height as stock, but I ended up putting a stem extender on the Wallke so in the end I wouldn't have had to saw any off the Bucklos shocks, just shims to fill the space from the head piece to the bars. You'll need to order a new star nut for the new shock and check YouTube for how to install it. If you have trouble finding them, mail me back and I'll look up the exact numbers. It's worth the trouble I think.
Stan
Thanks, looked on Amazon and there are four or five different bucklos forks so I emailed wolf and hopefully he can send me the links. Is there a way you could forward the links he sent you incase he does not get back to me? Thank you!

I couldn't find the email from Wallke. I checked my old orders on Amazon. The one I got for my Wallke GS3.0 is listed for $139.99 and is called " Bucklos 26X4.0 Fat Tire Suspension Fork". If you read down on the questions answered section, the last answer is from another person that put them on a Wallke. The one I got for my Lancer isn't available anymore. It was more like $158 but it had a rebound adjustment at the bottom of the fork tube, which I've never messed with. I'm happy with the $138 Bucklos.
Stan

Thanks, looked on Amazon and there are four or five different bucklos forks so I emailed wolf and hopefully he can send me the links. Is there a way you could forward the links he sent you incase he does not get back to me? Thank you!
Bucklos front fork:

Front fork flower nut:

Back