Wallke decals? Anyone removed them?

Osub107

Region
USA
Wanting to debadge my whole bike.
I’m going with a military theme with the beige bike.
Bought this ammo box to mount on the rack along with decals and other things to put on the bike. Scared to use any chemicals, may try a heat gun. Hard to feel the edge of the decal, it sure if they are cleared over or not.
695D3ABC-2139-484C-A0AF-075FDA40924C.jpeg

I'd be interested too. I have no issue with the large Wallke logos. It's the "W-PAS" and "www.wallke.com" decals I have a problem with. The "W-PAS" seems to be a liability at best (potential controller failure) or a completely illusory feature at worst. If there's a safe way to remove them without compromising the base color, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

BTW: the metal ammo cans are certainly a more authentic look, but I think any of these x3s would look plenty sharp with a pair of large OD plastic ammo cases hanging off that beefy rear rack. It would be a lot lighter.

No luck with the heat gun, or goo be gone.
I didn’t get the ammo cans mounted. All three together only weigh 8 pounds.
2C0B50D1-DE0D-4FB0-8CDB-F0551206483F.jpeg
914CB09D-4E0E-4257-8BC2-9A936AAF72C3.jpeg

It's the "W-PAS" and "www.wallke.com" decals I have a problem with. The "W-PAS" seems to be a liability at best (potential controller failure) or a completely illusory feature at worst. If there's a safe way to remove them without compromising the base color, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Off topic, but I guess I'm not aware of the issues with W-Pas

Could you please explain?

Maybe others have a better understanding of it than I do, but I've heard it's problematic because of one or more of the following:
1) It's too aggressive and slows the bike down when coasting on flats or even when pedaling above the target speed for a given pedal assist level,
2) It can cause electrical problems up to and including frying the motor controller,
3) It's marginally effective at extending range in any case.
Apparently it's been enough of an issue that the last few batches of the X3 Pro come with this feature deactivated by default; the user has to enable it from the advanced settings menu. I haven't bothered and don't plan to until I get a lot more assurance that it'll a) be genuinely useful and b) not cause problems. I did a fair bit of research from various sources before buying the X3, so I'm not positive where I got all this. But I think it might have been from reading through the "Known Issues & Problems" thread on this sub-forum. If I'm mistaken about the W-PAS feature, I'm happy to hear other X3 Pro users set me straight.

In any case, the "W-PAS" and "www.wallke.com" graphics just clutter the bike's otherwise rugged, no nonsense appearance. An appearance that lets itself well to what Osub107 is doing with those ammo cans. To my mind, it's the equivalent of my car being plastered with graphics touting "Anti-Lock Brakes" and "www.kia.com".

Last edited:
Wanting to debadge my whole bike.
I’m going with a military theme with the beige bike.
Bought this ammo box to mount on the rack along with decals and other things to put on the bike. Scared to use any chemicals, may try a heat gun. Hard to feel the edge of the decal, it sure if they are cleared over or not.
View attachment 99677
About removing the decals, at first I used a large black sharpie then found a high temp Matt black paint I’m modifying my fenders and the chrome supports once I’m done painting those parts I’ll post some photos, hope that helps.

it's been a while since I did it, but I think I had a can of denatured alcohol sitting around and tried it. I soaked a paper shop towel and held it on the decals that I wanted to remove for a bit. The decals melted. I avoided rubbing.

Don’t try removing the large frame decal on the down tube. Heatgun didn’t work. I ended up pretty much destroying the factory paint with razor scraper trying to get the decal to release. The ones on the fork were no problem with the heatgun. This is on a Wallke F1 but they’re probably the same on all their bikes. Someone mentioned denatured alcohol. I have my doubts but I’ll try that tomorrow. Rust oleum Flat Black enamel spray paint was close enough to make the repair. See pics. Interesting what was underneath the decal. I already had thoughts they were the same bikes since my wife has a Gen3 Stride and they were sold out of their Flex and later I found the F1 which looked identical. Only difference is Wallke has Zoom printed on their brakes.

Attachments

• 7DB0C018-DF03-4FAD-A8A3-F2632F4AA68D.jpeg
    7DB0C018-DF03-4FAD-A8A3-F2632F4AA68D.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 154
  • E5EE92D2-DD18-400A-A70F-A643E0664D71.jpeg
    E5EE92D2-DD18-400A-A70F-A643E0664D71.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 928BEA72-844E-479D-A1F3-6038EA829970.jpeg
    928BEA72-844E-479D-A1F3-6038EA829970.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 167
My old wallke x3. Decals removed. And if you feel like you need to scrape, try using plastic razors.
20200922_122247.jpg

Have patience. Dab the rag, hold it in place without rubbing it. The alcohol will evaporate. So it does not stay wet long. When the decals start to melt, then start to rub gently with some more alcohol. One letter at a time was what I was able to do.

Good luck.

Have patience. Dab the rag, hold it in place without rubbing it. The alcohol will evaporate. So it does not stay wet long. When the decals start to melt, then start to rub gently with some more alcohol. One letter at a time was what I was able to do.

Good luck.
Mine might be different. It is one big decal, not separate letters. But I’d be happy leaving the decal if I can get the letters off of it. Fingers crossed.

Back