Voltbike Enduro swap DPC-10 for DPC-14?

Seepirate

HI Everyone,

Love the forum. Had a question for anyone who might know.

I recent bought a Voltbike Enduro, which uses a Bafang DPC-10 display, does anyone know if this can be replaced with the newer DPC-14 from Bafang?

Love the Voltbike

Ok Answering my own question here, Bafang said it should work. I ordered the DPC-18 and will let everyone know how it works. My new Enduro was locked down with no password screen and VoltBike states they could not unlock it.

Hey it works the DPC-18 full color display works perfect on the Enduro. It allows speed unlock to 56mph. It has range and even calories as well. Love having the battery voltage and a clock too! Ok I will now stop talking to myself, let me know if anyone has any questions.

Pics !! You know the rules around here ... you can't do an upgrade without showing the before/after pics. I'm still shopping around, but the more I look at Volts model line, the more I like them. I was most interested in the Yukon, but after looking at the pics and reviews on the Enduro, I find that it is a very affordable ride with plenty to offer.

Will post the pictures soon, I have done a lot of modifications and upgrades. Love the bike, it has great range too. I like the mid-drive better than any hub drive I have tested. It climbs steep hills so much better than my hubs.

Here are some pictures! I will post in upgrades thread as well.

Attachments

• O7446gh5Tam33bVK9nGooQ.jpg
    O7446gh5Tam33bVK9nGooQ.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,084
  • Kb%wEbjIT0af4deIoML1tg.jpg
    Kb%wEbjIT0af4deIoML1tg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,035
  • FJUqguSaQKGJ6HJN%bb2RA.jpg
    FJUqguSaQKGJ6HJN%bb2RA.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 944
  • pT9SzKz1RQ2PQ3laqdzEvw.jpg
    pT9SzKz1RQ2PQ3laqdzEvw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 908
  • tu3dRZl0QOCdByh4HchrlQ.jpg
    tu3dRZl0QOCdByh4HchrlQ.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 924
  • yNcgdTPtQ520fwjluuxSeA.jpg
    yNcgdTPtQ520fwjluuxSeA.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 929
  • +R%qHFEjStWF7hEF8VCrWw.jpg
    +R%qHFEjStWF7hEF8VCrWw.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 860
  • r56G82jOShWKd+Wl0Hvvqg.jpg
    r56G82jOShWKd+Wl0Hvvqg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 904
  • ikfm4UmUTyeSg1uOvl3aqg.jpg
    ikfm4UmUTyeSg1uOvl3aqg.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 873
  • oCpqFDveQSW2bXVaW5Z5xg.jpg
    oCpqFDveQSW2bXVaW5Z5xg.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 948
  • Qt0dgJDYRWm1ZfOYDiubXw.jpg
    Qt0dgJDYRWm1ZfOYDiubXw.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 891
  • DOt02srvQcWvyNmd3V%7tA.jpg
    DOt02srvQcWvyNmd3V%7tA.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 881
  • B3TerVH5T8W51G+kY%s9ug.jpg
    B3TerVH5T8W51G+kY%s9ug.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 878
  • l%%9NImQTo6TSkgX5KbcdA.jpg
    l%%9NImQTo6TSkgX5KbcdA.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 764
  • GWQ5xT5TR1WvfEBCSheGuQ.jpg
    GWQ5xT5TR1WvfEBCSheGuQ.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 835
  • MKFCaDtlQISqCXc%JqQZGA.jpg
    MKFCaDtlQISqCXc%JqQZGA.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 851
  • tq+cjNe0QLmW9+mkoUyRyQ.jpg
    tq+cjNe0QLmW9+mkoUyRyQ.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 858
  • rOGxMr%SRk+5p6XX55qIJw.jpg
    rOGxMr%SRk+5p6XX55qIJw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 900
  • j9%5a8ztRn6rB0zEiEtWtg.jpg
    j9%5a8ztRn6rB0zEiEtWtg.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 929
  • U%TFa53fSAGwJ4QZ87gE5g.jpg
    U%TFa53fSAGwJ4QZ87gE5g.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 839
  • zZ5gOnGJTUuHu9dszVRetw.jpg
    zZ5gOnGJTUuHu9dszVRetw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 788
  • CMkPHiMGSY+g3nSbmatlpw.jpg
    CMkPHiMGSY+g3nSbmatlpw.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 842
  • YHTPc5QaQDW7eBbgzXp6gw.jpg
    YHTPc5QaQDW7eBbgzXp6gw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 791
  • lWxRv1upTN2knpSESrpG4g.jpg
    lWxRv1upTN2knpSESrpG4g.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 852
  • gs8XJIyuSGWMs5HUz86dpQ.jpg
    gs8XJIyuSGWMs5HUz86dpQ.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 803
  • dwpTsFOySgaUDBXPnL0ebg.jpg
    dwpTsFOySgaUDBXPnL0ebg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 845
  • 92x+WqVaSLmK5AMWbZ69vQ.jpg
    92x+WqVaSLmK5AMWbZ69vQ.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 832
  • MrxrLqNmT1m%Nj5yDyh+rQ.jpg
    MrxrLqNmT1m%Nj5yDyh+rQ.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 780
  • YO2hdqUWQmKu5TzmUL6tPg.jpg
    YO2hdqUWQmKu5TzmUL6tPg.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 756
  • MDVOxiPKQt+68PMkr4DoRA.jpg
    MDVOxiPKQt+68PMkr4DoRA.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 971
  • oHO74E74SuKnqnVb5zvPEw.jpg
    oHO74E74SuKnqnVb5zvPEw.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 881
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 932
  • 6u6DIeLRTTewygZS8Zl09A.jpg
    6u6DIeLRTTewygZS8Zl09A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,102
  • qzLNOg4OTG+GxfQDocomyg.jpg
    qzLNOg4OTG+GxfQDocomyg.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 872
  • e7ETpGfDR5+1by6foafmlA.jpg
    e7ETpGfDR5+1by6foafmlA.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 843
Im waiting for my Enduro to be processed yet... Glad to see some customizations that are compatible. What was your top speed before you unlocked it with the color screen?

Last edited:
Now THAT is how to show off your bike mods !! Jesus, dude, you may even have a kitchen sink on there !! Pimpin' ain't easy, and that thing is tricked out. Wish you lived near me in PA so I could have you trick mine out - not necessarily that much gear, but .. wow ... nice job !!

That DPC18 is currently my favorite display.

Im waiting for my Enduro to be processed yet... Glad to see some customizations that are compatable. What was your top speed before you unlocked it with the color screen?

The top speed on the Enduro is locked at 20 and it does not allow a password entry to increase it, I checked with both VoltBike and Bafang. After the DPC-18 upgrade which allows for up to 56mph, I am easily able to maintain 28 MPH and have been able to get 35mph max so far with assistance. It makes for a completely different bike when it doesn't stall out at 20mph. Keep in mind you will lose some range if you run it that fast in speed assist level 5. I can still get near 30 miles at that level. When locked at 20mph it gets about 34 miles. You can set the DPC-18 to any top speed you like up to 56mph. I think if I got lower gearing I could go even faster, but anything above 20 is fast enough for me!

Here is the link to order the DPC-18 from Amazon, it takes a few weeks to get but is basically plug and play.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Now THAT is how to show off your bike mods !! Jesus, dude, you may even have a kitchen sink on there !! Pimpin' ain't easy, and that thing is tricked out. Wish you lived near me in PA so I could have you trick mine out - not necessarily that much gear, but .. wow ... nice job !!

That DPC18 is currently my favorite display.

Ha! I tried to put the kitchen sink on it but the hose kept getting stuck on the pedals!

Thanks! It was a fun project!

The top speed on the Enduro is locked at 20 and it does not allow a password entry to increase it, I checked with both VoltBike and Bafang. After the DPC-18 upgrade which allows for up to 56mph, I am easily able to maintain 28 MPH and have been able to get 35mph max so far with assistance. It makes for a completely different bike when it doesn't stall out at 20mph. Keep in mind you will lose some range if you run it that fast in speed assist level 5. I can still get near 30 miles at that level. When locked at 20mph it gets about 34 miles. You can set the DPC-18 to any top speed you like up to 56mph. I think if I got lower gearing I could go even faster, but anything above 20 is fast enough for me!

Here is the link to order the DPC-18 from Amazon, it takes a few weeks to get but is basically plug and play.

Thanks for the info!

Something I learned recently is that the display is open to passwords when they are brand new. After a top speed is Set the password screen/setting can be hidden if, that feature is selected at the Manufacturing point. So, with that being said, do you think any bafang middrive display, that has not been opened, will have a top speed feature available via password screen?

Ordered now. Maybe they will deliver closer together so, I can plug it up right away.

Something I learned recently is that the display is open to passwords when they are brand new. After a top speed is Set the password screen/setting can be hidden if, that feature is selected at the Manufacturing point. So, with that being said, do you think any bafang middrive display, that has not been opened, will have a top speed feature available via password screen?

I was informed by VoltBike customer service that Bafang had locked it at the factory (on the DPC-10) and they would not even allow VoltBike to unlock it. A password screen does not even show up on it, it skips right by where it should be. The DPC-18 I am using lets me freely change any setting at all times and does not even require any password to do so. I assume the same for the DPC-14 as well, but I only have the DPC-18. Voltbike did call Bafang for me and they had spoken to the "engineers" who thought that both the DPC-14 and 18 would work fine on the mid-drive system, and I have been happy ever after...I would think if you got a new DPC-10 that it may come "opened" up, but the DPC-18 is only a few bucks more and it has a clock! LOL

Yeah i ordered the dpc18. With the backorder of the bike, the display should deliver closer together. Thx for the link.

You have a LOT of additions. What dimensions are the forks? I'll be ordering air-forks soon as well.

With all you have on your bike, is the rest of the bike worthy, motor and frame? I plan to progressively upgrade the components to higher qualities.

Yeah i ordered the dpc18. With the backorder of the bike, the display should deliver closer together. Thx for the link.

You have a LOT of additions. What dimensions are the forks? I'll be ordering air-forks soon as well.

With all you have on your bike, is the rest of the bike worthy, motor and frame? I plan to progressively upgrade the components to higher qualities.

Here are the fork specs I installed....note this bike fork is a straight tube and not a tapered. You can reuse the race seat and bearings. This is a huge improvement over the SUNTOUR that it comes with.

RockShox Recon Silver RL MTB Bike Fork 27.5", Solo Air, Adj Alloy 1-1/8" Straight Steerer, Travel 100 mm, Disc Brake only, 9mm QR, Remote Lockout, Black, Retail Package

Here is the Amazon link: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

To answer your other question, YES the frame and motor are worthy (the frame is well put together and great welds and the motor is bullet proof and easy to repair if needed). I bought it knowing I would upgrade most parts. If you were going to buy a bike with all that on it already it would cost 5k anyhow. This way I get to choose what parts I want exactly.

Did you get freehub rims? What specs fit the Enduro frame?

Yes free hub Shimano MT15, they are 27.5" you can use different cassettes on it of course or reinstall the original one. Keep in mind these take Shimano spline lock discs so you would have to change out your discs. The front disc is normally 160mm but you can only upgrade to the 180mm like I did if you change out the front fork as the Suntour that the Enduro comes with is not spec'd for a 180mm disc. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Here is the link

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/shimano-mt15-mtb-wheelset/rp-prod121439

Back