Voltbike customer support

Mike Desbiens

What has been your experience with the Voltbike customer support?

I have sent numerous emails and tried contacting them on Facebook and no one is answering my request.

@PCDoctorUSA You have a Volt do you not?
Regretfully, I don't own an ebike yet. Been researching since October and had hoped to get one for Christmas, but life happened and family emergencies took precedent. Back on my feet now, and the Yukon and Mariner have been at the top my list. However, after reading about non-communication from Voltbike both here and on the Voltbike Yukon Owner's Group Facebook account I'm having second thoughts. The Juggernaut Classic is looking more attractive now thanks to Roshan's quick response to questions and post-sale support. I'm sure he's had his moments too, but Voltbike is really dropping the ball.

The owner answered my call and gave me honest feedback. That's all I'm asking. It's buying season and back-orders are as normal as the rain. Yes I am impatient too but, I think they maybe overwhelmed and emails get checked at certain time or too many to answer in respective time. I wish I could assemble for some of these companies as temporarily to help out and make extra cash. I have a career unless this would be lucrative, just sayin...

I think they maybe overwhelmed
Perhaps they should consider hiring an office temp to respond to customer communications in regards to projected delivery dates and route support issues for prompt handling. They're going to start losing customers because they won't do something as simple as answering the phone or emails. Where else have we seen this? Hmmm.

Regretfully, I don't own an ebike yet. Been researching since October and had hoped to get one for Christmas, but life happened and family emergencies took precedent. Back on my feet now, and the Yukon and Mariner have been at the top my list. However, after reading about non-communication from Voltbike both here and on the Voltbike Yukon Owner's Group Facebook account I'm having second thoughts. The Juggernaut Classic is looking more attractive now thanks to Roshan's quick response to questions and post-sale support. I'm sure he's had his moments too, but Voltbike is really dropping the ball.
Roshan may answer - some - email (you need to send multiple emails to pin him down). Regardless, simply can't trust much of what he says. "Next week" to him can mean months in the real world. His delivery estimates are nothing but wishful thinking (I'm being charitable). In late January I asked if the bikes were still set to be delivered in late Feb, as promised (ie, just 4 weeks away). He glibly responded "that's the target". Since it takes 3 weeks to ship from China and another week to get from the port to Saskatoon, it effectively meant bikes had to be already assembled and ready to ship from China when he said that. What was reality? The bikes didn't even begin to get assembled for another two months (let alone shipped), so what he said was outrageously misleading (again, I'm being charitable). There were plenty more whoppers to come. He began to claim in late April that the bikes would ship "next week". And kept on saying same thing every week in May. Deliveries finally began in late May and into June. That's what Roshan's "late February" delivery actually meant...

Caveat Emptor.

With several companies doing the "pre-order" dance and failing to keep projected delivery dates, and at the very least communicate with the customer it seems any one of them could be a crap shoot. Companies like Voltbike, Rad Power Bikes, Juiced Bikes, and Biktrix all have their satisfied and dissatisfied customers. All bikes being equal, which they're not, it would be much easier to choose a company to go with if they either consistently delivered bad service or good service. Unfortunately, it's a roller coaster of experiences.

Roshan may answer - some - email (you need to send multiple emails to pin him down). Regardless, simply can't trust much of what he says. "Next week" to him can mean months in the real world. His delivery estimates are nothing but wishful thinking (I'm being charitable). In late January I asked if the bikes were still set to be delivered in late Feb, as promised (ie, just 4 weeks away). He glibly responded "that's the target". Since it takes 3 weeks to ship from China and another week to get from the port to Saskatoon, it effectively meant bikes had to be already assembled and ready to ship from China when he said that. What was reality? The bikes didn't even begin to get assembled for another two months (let alone shipped), so what he said was outrageously misleading (again, I'm being charitable). There were plenty more whoppers to come. He began to claim in late April that the bikes would ship "next week". And kept on saying same thing every week in May. Deliveries finally began in late May and into June. That's what Roshan's "late February" delivery actually meant...

Caveat Emptor.

I thought I was waiting a long time with the delivery a month after order date. Geez... I'm not sure I could remain patient. I bought from Voltbike this time. I got the same impression that the Voltbikes are assembled in China(3weeks) and only shipped through WA(+1 week) momentarily. The owner emailed me for pics after arrival so, I do not believe he has ever laid eyes on it personally.

Last edited:
The moral of all these stories....if you pre-order, be prepared to wait even beyond the "estimated" delivery date no matter who you order from.

If you are in a hurry or want to ride one before this summer runs out, I would not pre-order any ebike right now. Your best bet is LBS or online from Crazy Lenny

This is all troubling to hear. Their website seemed so promising - as most websites do. Some do instantly reek of "scam." But Volt seemed solid.

Two other online dealers I was considering for purchase of a fat trike were BPM Imports and mobility4less.com. Both appear to have sketchy customer service.

However, if what Volt promises on their website is true concerning fully assembled and tuned delivered bikes, their occasional lapses of responsive customer service might be overlooked.

But it looks like a promised availability date of mid June for their Trio trike will more realistically be August or September.

Me again, yes not being in stock is not great. My guess would be August first if you ordered today but you also would need to check with George if they have pre orders already taking the shipment. I have never had a problem with someone answering the phone, email does not work for me. I do have luck with questions on the Facebook page for Yukon, George comments in there all the time.

Me again, yes not being in stock is not great. My guess would be August first if you ordered today but you also would need to check with George if they have pre orders already taking the shipment. I have never had a problem with someone answering the phone, email does not work for me. I do have luck with questions on the Facebook page for Yukon, George comments in there all the time.
I just received an answer to a question from George I emailed through their website facility less than 2 hours ago.

Here is my experience
I ordered my first bike (Yukon 750 limited) from Voltbike in May of this year. It arrived at my home within 3 weeks as promised.

So I ordered a second bike for my wife. After 2 weeks I called asking when the bike would ship. I was told it would ship that week. The extra week has come and gone. It's now been three weeks and the bike has not yet shipped.

If Voltbike wants to stay in business they need to start acting like it. Customers deserve to be treated with honesty.

Here's my latest update.
I've called on three different times and have gotten three different dates. The latest is Monday July 15th it will ship, then another week before the bike gets to me.

Like others I'm considering cancelling my order.

Last edited:
Here is my experience
I ordered my first bike (Yukon 750 limited) from Voltbike in May of this year. It arrived at my home within 3 weeks as promised.

So I ordered a second bike for my wife. After 2 weeks I called asking when the bike would ship. I was told it would ship that week. The extra week has come and gone. It's now been three weeks and the bike has not yet shipped.

If Voltbike wants to stay in business they need to start acting like it. Customers deserve to be treated with honesty.

I would only order a bike from anyone if they have it in stock, all my experiences have only been okay with Voltbike not great. I needed a replacement display to replace the original faulty one and I had to pay $90 I think for what should have been a free replacement. I didn't argue, I just won't buy another Voltbike.

Ordered a white Mariner on June 17. Inquired by e-mail 4 days later. Was told to please have patience, really busy, orders are shipped after 7 working days.

Sent an e-mail to Bianca 13 working days later (July 4), did not get an answer so i called her. She was unable to give me a shipping date... so i asked if i was to wait days, weeks or months.

Her answer was days...

16 full working days wait today... My summer holidays are almost gone and i,m pissed !!!

It takes 6 to 8 days for delivery alone and for all i know, my bike could still be in China.

Patiently... i,m just about ready to cancel the order.

Back