Vektron and ELink in USA?

kennyb

I was wondering if the two new ebikes from Tern have arrived in the US? I did speak with someone from Tern a few weeks ago and he was able to confirm that they will have both bikes at the Long Beach Expo at the end of February.

Kenny B

I am curious as to if the Vektron will upgrade the battery pack to the 2017 500 watt hour unit like most of the other Bosch powered bikes?
Is a suspension front fork a current or future option?

I am curious as to if the Vektron will upgrade the battery pack to the 2017 500 watt hour unit like most of the other Bosch powered bikes?

I just rode the Vektron at the Long Beach Expo. Great bike! Sounds like you can upgrade to the 500 watt motor, if you want. However at $1000 that turns the bike into a $4400 purchase. For my money the 400 watt is fine.

Also rode the Elink and for the price that is a nice option-especially with the internally geared hub and the $2000 price tag. Will be purchasing one or the other this week .

Kenny B

Tern isn't offering the 500Wh battery option, but it could be possible on the dealer level. I don't believe that a suspension fork is an option, but keep in mind the wide balloon tires act as a suspension in a lot of ways.

Tern isn't offering the 500Wh battery option, but it could be possible on the dealer level. I don't believe that a suspension fork is an option, but keep in mind the wide balloon tires act as a suspension in a lot of ways.
Just got my Tern Vektron. Steve Boyd told me I was the first person in the USA to get theirs. Been cold and rainy here but I got in 5 miles yesterday. What a great ride !

Ken

Just got my Tern Vektron. Steve Boyd told me I was the first person in the USA to get theirs. Been cold and rainy here but I got in 5 miles yesterday. What a great ride !

Ken
Congrats! Keep us posted on how you're enjoying it! I think you made a great choice :)

Back