Vado SL 5.0 saddle isn't comfortable

I'm the one guy that likes the SL stock saddle. It's light, padded well, and has a pressure relief channel like higher end seats. I wear padded shorts so maybe that's another reason I'm OK with it. Really though, I've had a lot of different saddles and no matter the design - if I ride 60k+, my butt hurts. And saddle sores... well, too much information. :)

I'm the one guy that likes the SL stock saddle. It's light, padded well, and has a pressure relief channel like higher end seats. I wear padded shorts so maybe that's another reason I'm OK with it. Really though, I've had a lot of different saddles and no matter the design - if I ride 60k+, my butt hurts. And saddle sores... well, too much information. :)
I wear padded shorts too, but my butt hurts in way less than 60k. I'm trying adjusting the stock saddle, but haven't ridden yet with the latest adjustment. I'm moving the saddle back and lowering the seat a few millimeters. Stefan said lowering the seat a bit helped him.

REI, a US dealer, is happy to have me try saddles--they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee--so I may do that if adjustments to the stock saddle don't help enough.

Interesting I just saw this. After my 70 mile ride yesterday and 15 today, I developed some bad saddle sores. I usually wear little to zero padding since that’s how I train on my tri bike. I’ve learned a long time ago that a proper bike fit will allow me to ride pretty much any saddle so the sores surprised me. I am going to try swapping to either my Cobb or Selle. I have 100s of miles on those

Try to move your saddle as much backwards as doable. If you can do it, move your Vado SL stem as low as possible. The rest is just to get used to it.

While I have no issues whatsoever with my Vado SL (Bridge Sport moved backwards, and the stem as low as possible), I do experience some issues with the superior Specialized Phenom Expert saddle on my big Vado. It is because I cannot move the stem there any lower, and cannot assume a more athletic position on that e-bike. Still, I was on a 55 km ride wearing just jeans yesterday and didn't suffer very much!

Guys, make an experiment. Find a safe and straight road segment, and dramatically lean your body forward, low, with your elbows at the straight angle. You will notice there is no weight on your butt anymore!

For me, my issue is the width isn't working for me, but I run narrow saddles on my bikes. Don't get me wrong the stock saddle isn't bad, it's just not for me. Generally, I have found that if the only thing hurting is your seat after a hard ride, it's most likely the saddle.

I found the best way to dial in a saddle as well as a diy bike fit, is a turbo trainer. It's a static position, and you can really feel the difference between 1-2mm. Then once I have my numbers, I write them down so if anything moves, I know right away.

With a good bike fit, you should be able to take your hands off the bars, put them straight out behind you and not skip a beat in your cadence. Here is what I'm talking about at the 4:30 mark

Back