Vado SL 4.0 sometimes won't turn on

Gpro

Region
Australia
My bike is often dead when I go to turn it on. Dead as in the power button does nothing although there is power in the battery. If I take the TCU off unplug it then plug it back in it then turns on and works fine. If I immediately turn it off then on again it works fine. Leave it overnight and it mostly doesn't turn on but sometimes it surprises me and turns on. Has anyone had a similar experience? It seems that the electrical systems in these ebikes aren't very robust. I've had trouble before and now this issue, makes me wonder what the next few years are going to be like.

My bike is often dead when I go to turn it on. Dead as in the power button does nothing although there is power in the battery. If I take the TCU off unplug it then plug it back in it then turns on and works fine. If I immediately turn it off then on again it works fine. Leave it overnight and it mostly doesn't turn on but sometimes it surprises me and turns on. Has anyone had a similar experience? It seems that the electrical systems in these ebikes aren't very robust. I've had trouble before and now this issue, makes me wonder what the next few years are going to be like.
How long have you owned this bike? Did you buy it new? What year model is this?

You should ask for an repair. No issues with my Vado SL 4 for over 2 years.
20230715_154318-01.jpeg

From the current ride.

Just to be sure you know this… to start you need to hold the button down for a moment before releasing. To stop you don’t need to hold it down, just press and releases. This is to prevent accidentally turning it on.

Me personally, I wouldn’t have deigned it this way… it should auto-stop after some amount of inactivity anyway.

Yes, the Creo also turns itself off after maybe 15 minutes or so. I'm occasionally surprised when I get back on and there NO POWER! :eek:

Just bought my Vado sl 4.0.

having the same problems every morning. I plug in the charger to work around the switch.
problem is I took it to the lbs and it worked fine, repeatedly!

Just bought my Vado sl 4.0.

having the same problems every morning. I plug in the charger to work around the switch.
problem is I took it to the lbs and it worked fine, repeatedly!

Mine is non-mastermind from 2022. The power is a bit wonky at first but I have grown accustomed to it. A quick press will not power it on. It requires a 1.5 second hold and it powers up every time.
I am now having the problem with the motor setting/speed change button(s). I often require a double press to get it to change from eco to sport or vice versa.

Mine is non-mastermind from 2022. The power is a bit wonky at first but I have grown accustomed to it. A quick press will not power it on. It requires a 1.5 second hold and it powers up every time.
I am now having the problem with the motor setting/speed change button(s). I often require a double press to get it to change from eco to sport or vice versa.
That’s what I’m doing. press and watch the charge bars roll up and down then release. Just not working in the morning. Frustrating

Back