Vado 5.0 SL front light connector

KAM2005

Hello,

I just got this new bike and I am struggling to connect it to the bike (picture attached). From the look of the connector, it looks to be broken. Can anybody advise?

It is supposed to go in the lower stem section.

If I need to order it, what part number is it?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_084611 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200623_084611 (1).jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 2,048
Hello,

I just got this new bike and I am struggling to connect it to the bike (picture attached). From the look of the connector, it looks to be broken. Can anybody advise?

Thank you in advance.
Exact same thing happened to me today. It was loose, thought you could just pull it out or tighten something. Ended up ripping it off as it was already hanging by a thread. I also just removed the light and wiring that was connected to the TCU.

Exact same thing happened to me today. It was loose, thought you could just pull it out or tighten something. Ended up ripping it off as it was already hanging by a thread. I also just removed the light and wiring that was connected to the TCU.

I‘ve specifically registered here as this thread came up in a google search when I was looking for part numbers for a Vado SL front light mount. The reason? My bike was delivered last Friday and the mount was broken in transit, as well as the TCD - pics below - and while the light fits and holds in place, it wobbles around and moves. The TCD was completely DOA, but the mount for it is OK.

The retailer I got the bike from have said that I can buy replacements and they will reimburse me, and I’ve done this for the TCD and all is good. But I cannot find the light, even speaking to my LBS who checked the Specialized spare parts site and there is nothing listed for a Vado SL, at all.

I‘m going to end up buying & reimbursing a complete new Lezyne E115 and will use the stem mount from that with the original light (which works fine).

It seems like this mount is a bit of a weak spot.

Attachments

• E165234F-71CC-420A-B86F-EE4C0C0C942C.jpeg
    E165234F-71CC-420A-B86F-EE4C0C0C942C.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,384
  • F0301B67-60A3-439C-90AA-40BA805A0FAA.jpeg
    F0301B67-60A3-439C-90AA-40BA805A0FAA.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 811
Out of curiosity I submitted a support ticket to Lezyne asking how to order a replacement mount for the STVZO E65 light. I just received an automated response stating that C19 is delaying their response but all tickets will be answered in the order received.

I'll post an update when I hear back.

Out of curiosity I submitted a support ticket to Lezyne asking how to order a replacement mount for the STVZO E65 light. I just received an automated response stating that C19 is delaying their response but all tickets will be answered in the order received.

I'll post an update when I hear back.
The Lezyne lights on a Vado SL 5.0 are E115, but the mount on 4.0 and 5.0 is the same, and totally different to the one which comes from Lezyne. My bet is that it will only be available through Specialized, and it isn't yet.

The Lezyne lights on a Vado SL 5.0 are E115, but the mount on 4.0 and 5.0 is the same, and totally different to the one which comes from Lezyne. My bet is that it will only be available through Specialized, and it isn't yet.
I stand corrected. I went with the light spec from the Specialized web description.

The Vado front light is the same, a custom for Specialized though the light manufacturer provides all the components.

I'll submit another ticket.

I've had a reply from Specialized about this;
"We do have a part number for the replacement light mount bracket (S209900077). These are in production at the moment and due to be available in December. If you place a back order through your local Specialized retailer, we'll be able to dispatch one to them for you as soon as the mounts become available."

My headlight mount also broke, it looks like a weak plastic part. The Lezyne stem mounts on their website spurred me to find something similar. Search “GoPro stem mount” and more sturdy-looking mounts can be found. Some with computer mounts too.
I ordered a simple one from China, will update in a month when it gets here!

In the meantime (before the Specialized part is available), I’ve now fitted a stem mount from a Lezyne E115 which I purchased and was thankfully reimbursed for by the retailer I got my bike from. I’m lucky that they covered me, although it was their couriers fault that the mount and TCD arrived broken but it‘s looking like this part is poor quality, and it is just plastic.

My headlight mount also broke, it looks like a weak plastic part. The Lezyne stem mounts on their website spurred me to find something similar. Search “GoPro stem mount” and more sturdy-looking mounts can be found. Some with computer mounts too.
I ordered a simple one from China, will update in a month when it gets here!
16 days from China to Michigan, not bad.
It seems much more sturdy than the oe part.

Attachments

• 5549234F-ECD0-4197-BF44-AB5160D8C8AA.jpeg
    5549234F-ECD0-4197-BF44-AB5160D8C8AA.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 1,494
Hello,

Thank you in advance.
Does this look familiar? Just like yours. Bike is only a couple of months old.

How can they get away with cr@ppy components like this on a £4k bike? My dealer tells me it is £8 for a replacement. Grrr!

Attachments

• 20220414_102747.png
    20220414_102747.png
    413.9 KB · Views: 287
Mine broke early on too. I went with a Lezyne dual mounts through the face plate bolts since I needed Garmin mount on top and the gopro mount on the bottom for the light. The aluminum faceplate mount shown a couple of posts above is a good inexpensive solution if you don't need a computer mount. They are available on Amazon of Aliexpress or probably local bike shops. Keep in mind the Specialized bikes are value engineered to a "knat's eybrow" to get the selling price.

This is lezyne direct lock mounting system.

Back