Vado 4 and Smart Trainers & Apps

RobEich

In preparation for winter I'm looking at getting a smart trainer for my Vado 4.0 2020. I've narrowed it down to the Wahoo Kickr Snap. I'd also use Zwift for rides.

Does anyone have any experience with this combination or any suggestions / feedback.

There's lots of info about the Wahoo Kickr Snap and Zwift, but very little I could find about using them with an E-Bike.

I've been told that the Kickr Snap will support a 148 mm axle, but if you check the Wahoo page on the Kickr Snap it will say that it supports 130, 135 mm quick release and 142 mm thru axle. It does not say 148 mm thru axle is supported. So just be warned that it may not fit or may not fit well.

Officially the manufacturer says it's not compatible so if by chance the bike slips out of the trainer and you have an accident then you may not have any recourse against Wahoo. You'll also need to buy a thru axle adapter to use it with a trainer.

I had an online chat with Kinetic support and they told me it was not compatible with the 148mm thru axle?

Strange, their thru axle adapter is one length and I've installed it and mounted bikes with 148mm spacing just fine. Did you mention it's an e bike? Perhaps they're worried about the weight of the bike? I've had success with very heavy riders on that trainer, can't imagine how it's any different.

That said, I don't make the trainer so I'm no ultimate authority.

Any news on this front? Which trainer are people actually using with a Vado 4.0 (or similar). Wheel-on would be my preference. Bummed the Kickr Snap is a no-go.

Winter is coming.

Back