Using the charging port (mini USB) for iPhone and other devices

drumm1n

Has anyone tried using the mini USB charging port on the Bulls controller to connect an iPhone? What type of cable have you used? I tried an Android OTG (On The Go) cable connected to a regular lightning cable and it didn't work. I have not been able to find a mini USB to lightning cable of any length available in Canada. If anyone has a source, please provide a link!

BTW, this is for a Bulls E-Stream EVO FS 3 27.5 Plus which I got a month a go. Will be providing a full review after a little more saddle time. Spoiler Alert: I haven't stopped grinning since I got it!

Were you able to get the patch cable to charge your phone? I picked up a USB micro-micro cable, but wasn't able to get any charge for my Samsung S9. Suspect it's exclusively a diagnostic port, which is too bad.

Were you able to get the patch cable to charge your phone? I picked up a USB micro-micro cable, but wasn't able to get any charge for my Samsung S9. Suspect it's exclusively a diagnostic port, which is too bad.
Yes. I use an OTG cable and it charges my phone, but slowly, ie it won't do fast charging. It was going to take 5 hours from 25% charged when I checked it just now compared to 1hr+ on the mains, and it only works while the power is on so after 15 minutes it will stop anyway unless I'm riding. I've broken a charging point doing that so I've given up using it and I have a 10000ma power bank that does do fast charging instead. When I'm touring I charge it up every night then my phone is good for all the gps recording, map following and photos I need. I have the same bulls evo

Back