USB Charger?

pearlbeer

I'm not showing that my standard issue RADWagon display is putting out a USB Charge any longer. Was working great but now the display does not cycle between watts and "USB".

In all fairness I did try to plug a USB splitter to charge two devices. It seems to work for a while, and now I can't get even a single device to charge.

Thoughts?

I run a splitter on my RadRunner (with 35A aftermarket controller and display), with no issues. It is very light draw items, such as a cell phone and bluetooth speaker. Sorry, that is the best I can add...

Thoughts?
I think the stock display USB port is rated for 0.5 amps (at 5 volts). You may have overdrawn it. Unplug anything from the USB port, then try completely discharging the bike by removing the battery and then pressing the power-on button (display might flash for a moment), then remount the battery, turn the bike on, and try a single USB device.

I can no longer get the USB port on my Rad Mini 4 to charge my phone. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that my phone wasn't receiving a charge from the port. I switched to a new cable but that didn't solve the problem. I then plugged my phone into the USB port on our other Rad Mini and it worked just fine. Can anyone suggest what might be happening here? I'm wondering if there is some way to re-boot the controller/display in an effort to solve this issue. Until I can figure it out, I will be carrying a separate phone battery charger with me. I use my phone while riding to track my rides ("BikeMap") and to listen to music. FYI, I always follow the correct procedure when connecting my phone by plugging it in to the USB port when the bike is turned off, then turning the bike on. Thanks.

This is pure speculation since I don't use the display to charge my phone (I have a separated powerbank, old habit that stayed). In my experience working in various electronic stuff with China, I know for a lot of cheap devices use poor quality USB port.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rad (or the 35A controller display) would use a cheap one, those cheap USB ports tend to die fast.

Back