Upper Speed Limit of Rad Runner 1?

How does one fully program the lower PAS levels to useful watts?

I didn't think I could change my PAS with the Bolton upgrade in the same way a Himiway can pick the exact % of power for each PAS. I thought all I could do is change to 3 predetermined sets of PAS.
Are you picking this up from the KT owners manual? Which parameters are you speaking of ("I thought all I could do is change to 3 predetermined sets of PAS")?

Are you picking this up from the KT owners manual? Which parameters are you speaking of ("I thought all I could do is change to 3 predetermined sets of PAS")?
Yes, the 42 page manual. C14. Weak assist, general assist, stronger assist.

With stock Rad you can't change that. With stock Himiway you can pick the exact % of power for each level. For the Bolton upgrade it seems we have 3 different sets of PAS we can work with but we can't pick the exact % or watts we want each PAS to use.

C5 parameter is the maximum current adjustment. You can use that to limit available power to the motor. If you decide to use this parameter, you'll find each different value available can be split/trimmed 3 ways using C14 to get pretty close to whatever you prefer. Takes some test rides/messing around, but I think you'll agree you can set those lower PAS levels about any way you'd like using the 2 parameters.

An example - I have a MAC 12t geared hub powering my '17 Rad City. It's capable of pulling 1500 watts pretty easily as it's one of the most powerfull geared hubs available. I used C5 to limit available power to about 1100 watts out of a concern for the RAD battery. Internal wiring is all 14-16ga which is not going to handle 1500 watts well at all. Not for long anyway. Once I arrived at the C5 setting I wanted, I used C14 for a final adjustment. Works grrreat!!!! PAS 1 lets me play at around 90 watts, PAS 2 just under 200. Just right for my personal tastes. -Al

How does one fully program the lower PAS levels to useful watts?

I didn't think I could change my PAS with the Bolton upgrade in the same way a Himiway can pick the exact % of power for each PAS.
You can't directly, but you can tweak C5 and C14 until you get approximately the numbers you want. I have C5 at 10 and C14 at 2, which with a fully charged battery gives me about 200w on PAS1 and 320w on PAS2. From my notes:

c5: max controller output goes from 0 to 10
c14: PAS tuning, 1 is less power, 3 is more power

Back