Upgrading Gazell 380+ to Nyon, looking for solution feeding wires with plugs through small hole on the headset tube

Thank you, fooferdoggie. Do you ride in traffic much and if so what safety measures/equipment, in addition to leaving your lights on always, do you use/recommend?
ya though I can usually avoid it. I have a Garmin radar on back along with the taillight and when it's darker or raining or such I have a lumos helmet with lights and turn signals. lots of reflective things. the Garmin is great as. I can hear what cars are doing so I don't have to look in the mirror as much. it has saved my life once.

Yes, I've heard good things about Garmin radar. I take it you have a head unit as well (to get all the functionality)? Re mirror: last weekend I didn't see the 18-wheeler until it was already passing me on a one-lane road. I should look closer into Garmin radar. What model is yours?

I have the current regular one with taillight. I bought a garmin GPS when I only had a purion because I wanted more ride info. I connected a cadence sensor to it and lights and HRM. now its more used just for the radar and recording rides to strava. I love it when I need to turn left I can hear when ti is clear then I check the mirror. or in the rain when it is hard to see in the mirror or the fog.

Hi SwiftySanders, that was a shrewd move indeed (put in a Nyon by default). I am only getting acquainted with Nyon and I like it's online detailed reports. Is there any advice (i.e., custom screens, etc.) for a Nyon novice? What Nyon's feature(s) do you use/like the most?
I wasn’t in love with the purion display. It didn’t show very much information. I also tried the app and did not like it because it used the phone and the app is super buggy and had trouble staying connected.

I added a custom screen and that’s about it really. I usually research my routes before hand but it has a mapper tool also. I have not used the mapper tool yet.

fooferdoggie, that sounds great, especially the bit when you want to turn you can hear the signal and then look in the mirror to confirm that it is clear. I was not aware of that function. Thank you!

Hi SwiftySanders, I actually loved the Purion for its functional minimalism. It's location was becoming a problem in the winter months (I use BarMitts). I couldn't see the battery percentages well, even though I cut out a window in my left poggie. But I am delighted with the Nyon. Even ordered an H10 HRM (cause I can now with Nyon), though not too sure yet what to do with the heart rates on display.

the all clear sound is a new one and was really nice. you get sounds every time a new car comes and a different sound when they are going faster. the Garmin shows the car positions and how many too.

fooferdoggie, none from what I've read written by and about the Gramin's Radar did speak about features that relevant (to me for sure) as clearly as you did. Thank you again!

fooferdoggie, none from what I've read written by and about the Gramin's Radar did speak about features that relevant (to me for sure) as clearly as you did. Thank you again!
feel lucky you can understand it. my communication skills are less then ok.

Here is an answer I got from a bike shop (thank you Ray!):

"Hi Al,
There are two ways to do it. You can remove the brake lines then insert the connector cable, then redo the brake lines which will require you to bleed the brakes. You can also cut the connector off, cut the current wire to your purion leaving enough cable to solder and shrink tube the individual wires and to make sure the solder and shrink tube section is pushed down inside the frame.
Neither one is a quick project."

Search continues.
This is what my bike shop did. (Remove brake lines)
its a pretty involved job.
I have the Nyon 2 and Lupine lights.

Baldhills, my gf is undecided whether go to the shop (to swap the Purion with Nyon2) or let me do it. No shop gives her a quote, even a ballpark, for the labour (she got her Nyon as a gift). What did you pay, may I ask?

PS: I did not remove the brake lines to install the Nyon2 and Lupine on my Gazelle, btw.

Back