Upgrading from zoom brakes

jolalalay

Region
USA
I've got a Cyrusher Kommoda. Thanks to this forum I got some replacement pads but I'm concerned about the overall cheap-a** quality of these brakes.

What brand would you recommend if I was going to just upgrade from the zoom brakes? And why?

Not looking to spend a lot but stopping is cheaper than not- stopping. 🤕

Look into Tektro Auriga - these also include brake cutoff sensors if you wish to retain that feature.

I second Slaphappy. Get a good bleed kit and learn how to work on your brakes. I have Zoom brakes on my Xpedition and they work great with me and my wife bombing around. You could also upgrade the pads to a compound that suits your riding needs.

I've yet to bleed my Zoom brakes but I know the day will come. If I can tackle crusty Nissan calipers on a old Honda motorcycle or 6 piston Brembo brakes on a Ducati I think I can handle the Zooms.

I bought a used scooter and that was the first thing I did. The difference was night and day. It'll be cheaper than buying new brakes. I have this kit. Just need time, rags, and some mineral oil.

Yes, new pads are great too. I changed mine when I bled the brakes. I've never done that before, but I watched many youturbs on the processes. Wipe the rotors when done and bed the brakes. It's a bit of work, but a bike should be able to do that for you. if you want to go that route. No matter who does it, it'll be cheaper than getting a new brake system.

Last edited:
Back