Upgrade fat bike 48V 750W hub motor rear wheel ??

Thanks! However using the Grin simulation a 9-C hub drive with statoraide can manage a 10% incline at 11mph and not overheat. What’s the debate?
Let's start here. Please, a list of the production bikes using statoraide compatible motors?

Then, please set up a dual sheet (where we can compare 2 motors) using that 9-C and a comparable geared hub motor. Set whatever parameters you want to set (e.g. 48v battery), then copy the https address and post it here so we can discuss it. -Al

Let's start here. Please, a list of the production bikes using statoraide compatible motors?

Then, please set up a dual sheet (where we can compare 2 motors) using that 9-C and a comparable geared hub motor. Set whatever parameters you want to set (e.g. 48v battery), then copy the https address and post it here so we can discuss it. -Al
How are production bikes relevant? 9-C are DD. Sometimes I think you just want to be a contrarian. I don’t respond well to assignments. You’re wrong I’m right, get over it, almost true...

How are production bikes relevant? 9-C are DD. Sometimes I think you just want to be a contrarian. I don’t respond well to assignments. You’re wrong I’m right, get over it, almost true...
Not contrarian at all. ON TOPIC. Thinking relevance would be a good plan to keep in mind? YOU were the one to disagree, no?

I beleive very few here give a darn about what CAN be done with a direct drive (and an unlimited budget). In the case of our OP, he's wondering/asking about a motor he's considering that's part of a KIT. Explain the relevance a statoraide equipped 9C might have there?

YOU on the other hand, bring up/want to talk about relatively obscure 9C statoraide equipped motors. It's already pretty clear to me where you'll be heading with your next point. So who's relevant here?

My point earlier, regarding gutless DD drives, was assuming our OP was planning on replacing his existing motor with a DD while using his battery over again. "Gutless" was on point. If you'd care to discuss that fact (DD's are gutless on 48-52v) let's compare apples with apples - on 48-52v.

You want to talk about available performance using a 1500w DD hub on 72v using a 100a controller, don't be coy about my comment several days later. Say what's on your mind. MAKE A RELEVANT POINT.

Regarding "assignment" I'm pretty sure I could set up a comparison sheet that would make my point. I was simply giving you the chance to give it a try.....

Last edited:
Good Day Gentlemen, I have purchased a Volt yukon 750 geared hub motor 26" bike. It's a nice bike, but I want to increase my top speed. Can I just buy a bigger controller with more amps ? Or do I have to have a kit ? I build a little on the side and I have a couple extra controllers that put out 25Amps and I think the one that came with the bike is less than that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated .

Attachments

• Basic Beer Ride.jpg
    Basic Beer Ride.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 124
Good Day Gentlemen, I have purchased a Volt yukon 750 geared hub motor 26" bike. It's a nice bike, but I want to increase my top speed. Can I just buy a bigger controller with more amps ? Or do I have to have a kit ? I build a little on the side and I have a couple extra controllers that put out 25Amps and I think the one that came with the bike is less than that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated .
No direct experience with your Volt, but a LOT of guys have installed 35a Bolton controller kit's in their RAD bikes. Pretty popular move that removes the speed lock AND increases available amperage to the motor. You might do some investigating there....

Sure the company most copied and cloned is obscure. Right.
You know, if it weren't for the respect I have for SOME of your responses proving your knowledge, you would be on ignore right now.

However, it has occured to me that part of our many difference of opinions is that I'm thinking only of production bikes in my replies. Trying to help people that don't have a clue, but are trying their damndest to learn something. I would ask that you to try to keep that in mind prior to another of your snarky comments that are often not relevant to production bikes.

Further, you know I do have some custom building experience, so I know what a 9C is. It doesn't come up in my conversations here though, because the majority of participants here on EBR don't have a clue regarding customs, and until they buy something with a 9C in it, they could care less what a 9C is. That would make it NOT RELEVANT without further information/explanation (e.g. 9C's are popular AFTERMARKET hub drives with a great reputation) that you never seem to want to take the time to add to your snarky comments..... -Al

Please feel free. It just might be a liberating experience.

Because there’s a lack of knowledge here sharing good and great options is even more important. I learn something nearly every login. But lately you take umbrage with many posts. No fun. For either of us. Let’s cease and desist.

Back