Updates from Interbike 2018

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys! I've been doing little videos at Interbike and just wanted to share here. Feel free to post your own updates, videos, photos, or questions and things for me to look out for. I'll be doing some other stuff and plan to post back here as well ;)

interbike-outdoor-demo-day-northstar-ski-resort.jpginterbike-outdoor-demo-day-northstar-village-court.jpginterbike-outdoor-demo-day-official-passes-for-the-show.jpginterbike-outdoor-demo-day-welcome-sign.jpg

Below is a video with Mark Jordan from Fox. We talked about suspension technology and their new electronic suspension product.

fox-suspension-booth-interbike-outdoor-demo-day.jpgfox-suspension-forks-49-and-36-models.jpg

I also swung by the SRAM and RockShox booth to learn about their hydraulic disc brakes, wider cassettes, and suspension.

sram-booth-interbike-outdoor-demo-day.jpg

Got some more updates here from Gates Carbon, Pinion Gearbox, and the new Rohloff E-14 electronically shifted internally geared hub that sounds like it will be on many Riese & Müller models for 2019

This is my final video from Outdoor Demo Day this year, it includes a few updates from Yuba about a new cargo trike, Oyama folding models, Mondraker full suspension electric bikes with Bosch and Shimano drive systems, and a cool four wheel drive Mercedes sprinter van outfitted for mountain biking!

Hi guys! I just finished editing the following video... but it's long and will take some time to finish uploading. Here's the description: Interbike moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Reno, Nevada for 2018 and I thought it would be cool to share the new space with those who could not make it. In this video, I walk through the entire event, including the outdoor test track, and interview people along the way. I show many different brands, some of which I have done reviews for in the past. Hope to see you at the show tomorrow or next year :D

The event begins with Outdoor Demo Day at Northstar ski resort in California but then moves down to the Reno-Sparks Convention Center in Reno Nevada. Some of the brands I saw during this speed run of the show include but are not limited to: Vectro Bikes, iGo, FTHPower, Rayvolt, Magnum, Tern, Totem, X-Cobra, Kinekt, GreenBike, Hase Bikes, Catrike, Riese & Müller, Raleigh, Yuba, Rambo, EG Bikes, Yamaha, Motan, Bafang, Sena, Bosch, Beeline, Haibike, ABUS, Park Tools, Shimano, Kryptonite, JB Importers, Thesis, Lizard Skins, CERO, Dahon, SKS, SQ lab, Monkey Link, FSA, Thule, Benno, Santana Adventures Bikes, Sock Guy, Italia, Fantic, Maxxis, Osprey, Stinger, Hycore, HOPR, Green Guru, Oakley, EVOC, RockyMounts, Brompton, Urban Arrow, Espin, Pesu, Tempo, Grazia, PTEC, M-Wave, NEC Cycles, BESV, Pegasus, Trek, Wildsyde

interbike-reno-floor-plan-map-exhibitors-2018.jpginterbike-sign-at-reno.jpgcourt-rye-at-interbike-2018.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Court-Glad to know you made it there this year again! Have an awesome show! Great vid BTW!

A few of us are interested in the BMC Alpenchallenge AMP E-bikes. If you could perhaps checkout their lineup and give us the skinny on their new super lightweight models, that would be cool. Thanks in advance!

Canyon released their E-bike in Europe and they have indicated that it will be released in the USA in the coming months. Perhaps you could take a look at the New Spectral:ON? Cool looking downhill E-bike with nice components.

Nice video... (and hello to Ed at Voltaire Cycle!). I’d appreciate learning anything you might pick up about Piaggio’s status regarding finding a new drive belt solution for its Activ Plus and Comfort Plus models. I’m planning to buy my first e-bike around Feb/March 2019, and I’m trying to choose between a Piaggio Comfort Plus and a loaded Evelo Aurora. Thanks! Have a great time at the show!

FYI-
An interesting point made in the link above for this year's show:

'The big bike industry trade show is called Interbike. It ended Friday, and this year it was about 25 percent as big as it has been in any of the past 35 years. Specialized, Giant, and Trek have their own shows, with captive audiences, and they save money by not renting space at Interbike, and they can give their dealers a more royal treatment. It makes sense'.

Last edited:
Back