UPDATE: GOT IT! $2kish & 36" inseam, 16mile Commute - DECIDED: RIDEAL! -

100 mile review:
NOTES: I am comparing this bike with my old mid-drive, 350w early 2000's Charger ebike which was my introduction to Electric bikes at the beginning of the summer.
The bike is AWESOME. For what i wanted, i think it's perfect. This will be a commuting bike that will be used to replace a car to drive to work, 16 miles round trip 4 to 6 times a week. Shifter and brakes are the weakest links in the bike, as well as the cheaper derailleur but it all works and i feel like they are sufficient. Brakes could be better but they work. With my other ebike, i would go uphill on my monster hills at about 7mph, sometimes 6mph at the slowest speed with full assist and me pedaling lightly. With the new Rideal, i can average about 15mph up that same hill with pedaling at about the same amount. So i feel like it's twice as powerful as my previous bike. I feel like my average speed with the old bike was about 14mph, where as with the new one it's about 21mph. It's just so easy to get it to max speed while in 6th gear. This has dropped my commute time from 35 to 40 minutes one way to about 27 minutes each way on the first test. I feel like with the added speed i am able to more safely travel on roads instead of using the bike paths through the woods as much as possible. Throttle on the bike is amazing. Battery seems good and the range seems very good, i was able to get to work and back and be at about 3 out of 5 on the battery level.

rideal-river.jpg

Also the site you got the bike has some questionable reviews and people asking if it's a scam, any thoughts on that?
Electricbikepros.com wasn't a scam but they are very unprofessional. Sent me part of my order ,but not bike I pre ordered. Then they told me the bike would not be in stock until mid Sept even though Eunorau got the bikes Aug. 27. So they took my money didn't secure my bike in the first shipment and let them get sold out. They refunded me, I got to keep the extras but now all the fat hds are sold out.I ended up ordering M2S all terrain ht on Fri it should be here today or tomorrow. Needed something asap. Also ordered sondors rockstar to make up for fat hd mid drive, won't get that until Feb 2022 unless something better comes out b4 then.

oh wow sorry to hear that, i had a bad feeling about that company though. Glad you got to get the refund and a few extras, was it the smaller tires? I would be happy about getting some free stuff lol. I was actually looking at alibaba last night and found the sellers "Kuake" which made folding bikes and some similar to Eunorau. They had some full suspension bikes with bafang motors and samsung cells. I might make a post about it, but kuake could be the company that produces Rad bikes but i am doubtful. I chatted with a person from Kuake and asked for a quote on a folding bike with suspension and a 750w hub motor and it was around $700ish for the bike and $700 to ship it to me. That was a folding bike so i think the shipping would be more expensive, possibly $1000 for a bigger bike. But it could be an option for a powerful 750w-1000w bike.

I am looking to get a 3rd bike since my Charger is so slow, i am looking for a folding bike or a DIY kind of thing, or a back up to my Rideal so something with a 750w motor or more. I am pretty set on the bike commuting lifestyle, i just have to decide if a more powerful bike is the right way to go.

oh wow sorry to hear that, i had a bad feeling about that company though. Glad you got to get the refund and a few extras, was it the smaller tires? I would be happy about getting some free stuff lol. I was actually looking at alibaba last night and found the sellers "Kuake" which made folding bikes and some similar to Eunorau. They had some full suspension bikes with bafang motors and samsung cells. I might make a post about it, but kuake could be the company that produces Rad bikes but i am doubtful. I chatted with a person from Kuake and asked for a quote on a folding bike with suspension and a 750w hub motor and it was around $700ish for the bike and $700 to ship it to me. That was a folding bike so i think the shipping would be more expensive, possibly $1000 for a bigger bike. But it could be an option for a powerful 750w-1000w bike.

I am looking to get a 3rd bike since my Charger is so slow, i am looking for a folding bike or a DIY kind of thing, or a back up to my Rideal so something with a 750w motor or more. I am pretty set on the bike commuting lifestyle, i just have to decide if a more powerful bike is the right way to go.

Wheels would've been great. I got the alarm, mirror, and lock. I think they shipped from another party. Yeah they gave my refund pretty quick no hassle, would've preferred my bike. At least my M2S should be here today or tomorrow. I will be getting a mid drive though, soon.

Back